Mason Community Players is excited to announce auditions for its 2018 fall show, THE FOREIGNER.
Join director Darren Lee and his production staff at auditions to be held:
July 31, 2018 and August 1, 2018
7:00 to 9:00 PM
Auditions will consist of cold readings from the script.
Those auditioning for the role of Charlie may be asked to demonstrate an ability to do improvisation and physical comedy.
Resume and headshot appreciated but not required.
Performances: September 28-30 and October 4-6, 2018.
Auditions on both days will be held at Theatre 42, located at 2752 S. US Route 42, Lebanon, OH 45036. The venue is just north of Mason on Route 42 … one driveway north of the Southwest Golf Ranch.
Charlie is a pathologically shy Englishman who is overcome with fear at the thought of making conversation with strangers. He accompanies his friend, Froggy, on a trip to a small fishing lodge in rural Georgia. So that Charlie can avoid talking to the other people at the lodge, Froggie tells all assembled that Charlie is from an exotic foreign country and speaks no English. The fun begins when Charlie overhears more than he should – personal secrets and damaging revelations made with the thought that Charlie doesn’t understand a word being said..
- Charlie Baker: Male. Plays late 30s to 40s. Initially a shy, mild-mannered Englishman seeking peace and quiet, Charlie begins to see himself differently through the eyes of the tenants at the lodge. Requires great comedic timing and physicality. Requires some ability to do accents.
- Froggy Lesueur: Male. Plays 40s to 50s. A British military demolitions expert. Charlie’s caring friend. Requires a cockney accent.
- Betty Meeks: Female. Plays 60s to 70s. The proprietor of the fishing lodge, Betty is a widow and a long-time friend of Froggy. Good-hearted, generous, “down-home” Southerner. Requires a strong rural Georgia accent
- Reverend David Marshall Lee: Male. Plays early to mid-30s. Comes off as a charming Southern preacher, but has a dark side. Engaged to Catherine.. Southern accent.
- Catherine Simms: Female. Plays mid to late 20s. A former southern debutante from a wealthy family who is uncertain about her future. Catherine is Ellard’s older sister and is engaged to Reverend Lee. Southern accent.
- Ellard Simms: Male. Plays late teens to mid-20s. Seemingly slow and slightly dim-witted, Ellard exhibits genuine intelligence when given the chance. Requires great comedic timing. Ellard is Catherine’s younger brother. Southern accent.
- Owen Musser: Male. Plays 30s to 40s. Stereotypical southern Klansman. Should be physically intimidating. Heavy rural Georgia accent.