The Carnegie is pleased to announce the cast and production team for DREAMGIRLS, playing weekends August 11-26, 2018.
- Deena Jones – Sharisse Vernelle Santos
- Effie White – Tia Seay
- Lorrell Robinson – Samatha Cobb
- Michelle Morris/Ensemble – Ernaisja Curry
- Curtis Taylor, Jr. – Brandon Burton
- James Thunder Early – Dedrick Weathersby
- Marty – Javon Cameron
- C.C. White/Ensemble – Christian Kidd
- Ensemble – Fiona Capri, LaCrea Burns, Kearston Hawkins-Johnson, Leonard Petersen, Josh Heard, Reginald Hemphill, Heather Hale, Jack Johnson, John Woll, Brianna Bernard
- Director – Torie Wiggins
- Choreographer – Darnell Benjamin
- Music Director – Mike Flohr
- Stage Manager – Carissa Gandenberger
- Set Designer – Doug Stock
- Lighting Designer – Erik McCandless
- Costume Designer – Helen Anneliesa Raymond Goers
- Asst. Stage Manager – Morgan Becker
Based on the stories of real life music icons, The Supremes, James Brown, and others, DREAMGIRLS offers a behind-the-scenes look at the music industry of the 60s as it tells the story of R&B group The Dreams. Starting out as a trio of singers and friends, Effie, Deena, and Lorrell are determined to make it big in the vibrant music landscape of the 1960s. But as the band’s success grows, their relationships deteriorate.
Featuring such songs as “Dreamgirls,” “And I am Telling You,” and “One Night Only,” this Tony Award-winning musical was adapted into the 2006 motion picture starring Jennifer Hudson, Beyoncé, Jamie Foxx, Edie Murphy, Danny Glover, and Anika Noni Rose.
WHEN: Weekends August 11-26, 2018
Saturday, August 11, 7:30pm ● Sunday, August 12, 3pm
Friday, August 17, 7:30pm ● Saturday, August 18, 7:30pm ● Sunday, August 19, 3pm
Friday, August 24, 7:30pm ● Saturday, August 25, 7:30pm ● Sunday, August 26, 3pm
WHERE: The Carnegie | 1028 Scott Boulevard | Covington, KY 41011
About The Carnegie: The Carnegie is Northern Kentucky’s largest multidisciplinary arts venue providing theatre events, educational programs and art exhibitions to the Northern Kentucky and Greater Cincinnati community. The Carnegie facility is home to The Carnegie Galleries, the Otto M. Budig Theatre, and the Eva G. Farris Education Center. More information about The Carnegie is available at www.thecarnegie.com or by calling (859) 491-2030.
The Carnegie receives ongoing operating support from Cincinnati Wine Festival, The Greater Cincinnati Foundation, Kenton County Fiscal Courts, the Kentucky Arts Council and the Carol Ann and Ralph V. Haile Jr. / US Bank Foundation. The Carnegie is also supported by the generosity of more than 40,000 contributors to the ArtsWave Community Campaign.
# # #