SUMMER CAMP COUNSELOR
Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park is an equal opportunity employer and encourages inquiries about this position from a broad spectrum of candidates reflecting the diversity of the community we serve.
Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park seeks camp counselors for our Summer Theatre Day Camp. Counselors help facilitate all aspects of camp, including serving as role models who assist and motivate campers. Throughout the day counselors facilitate their group’s activities including check-in and check-out, proctor student breaks, and support Teaching Artists as teaching assistants during classes. Ideal candidates have completed or are working towards a college degree, have experience working with children and are enthusiastic about teaching theatre to youth. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Group Leader for one group each week or floater as needed
- Lead morning warm-up and afternoon group activities
- Escort students to each class & assist Teaching Artists during classes
- Proctor all student breaks and lunch
- Provide assistance with room and administrative prep
- Coach students one-on-one
Orientation/Prep Week: May 29 – June 1, 11:00am-5:00pm Camp dates: June 4 – July 27 (off the week of July2-6)
- Shift 1: 8:00am-5:00pm, Monday-Friday
- Shift 2: 8:15am-5:15pm, Monday-Friday
- Shift 3: 8:45am-5:45pm, Monday-Friday
- Pay Rate: $10/hour
- Experience working with children, working in a large group setting preferred
- Experience with administrative processes preferred
- Currently attending college, graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree, or commensurate experience.
- Good email communication skills
- Experience with customer service
- Organized and able to solve problems quickly and positively
- The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift up to 25 pounds
- This position is partially sedentary and the employee is required to regularly talk and hear.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
For more information, go to cincyplay.com and click on the Employment tab.
Please send a resume and three references to Daunielle Rasmussen, Director of Education and Community Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org.
No calls please.
Application Deadline: March 22, 2018