February 9-10 & 16-17
Aronoff Center – Fifth Third Bank Theater
Cincinnati Arts Association and Cincinnati Music Theatre
Announce Casting for Premiere Partnership Event at the Aronoff Center
(Cincinnati, OH) – Cincinnati Music Theatre (CMT) and the Cincinnati Arts Association (CAA) are pleased to announce the casting of its premiere cabaret LOVE IS LOVE: A Cabaret of Broadway Songs About Love at the Aronoff Center’s intimate Fifth Third Bank Theater on February 9-10 and 16-17 (see detailed schedule below). CMT has attracted some of the area’s top local talent and theatre veterans – many of whom have performed in past CMT productions – for this premiere production through a new partnership with CAA.
LOVE IS LOVE – Cast List
- Brian Anderson (Birmingham-Southern College, BFA in Theatre and Dance; European tour of 42nd Street and A Chorus Line)
- Luka Ashley Carter (Tony Elliot in Billy Elliot, CMT; Sonny in Grease, Jersey Productions)
- Bree Hunter Cox (University of Minnesota, Master of Music; numerous productions with the Dayton Opera; vocal music director for Sister Act, CMT)
- Pamela Kay Day (Kathy Selden in Singin’ in the Rain, Cincinnati Landmark Productions; Rose in Gypsy, CMT)
- Mary Puetz (Mary Martin of Tours in Sister Act, CMT; Mrs. Higgins in My Fair Lady, Cincinnati Landmark Productions)
- Katelyn Reid (University of Cincinnati College-Conservatory of Music, BFA Dramatic Performance; Fiona in Shrek the Musical, CMT)
- Wayne Wright (vocalist for the Cincinnati Ballet’s Footage; Captain Hook in Peter Pan, CMT)
Sitting at tables with a drink in hand, audiences will hear Broadway classics, old and new, about the many different aspects of love. In the premiere production of a partnership between CAA and CMT, beloved songs such as “Seasons of Love” (Rent), “Love Changes Everything” (Aspects of Love), “My Funny Valentine” (Babes in Arms), and “Falling Out of Love Can Be Fun” (Irving Berlin’s White Christmas) will be sung by CMT’s top talent. It’s the perfect show for a Valentine’s date or a special evening with friends!
Musical direction will be by Michael Spresser, who is co-creating the cabaret with acclaimed local director Skip Fenker. Michael has over twenty-five years of music teaching and publishing experience and has given editorial guidance to composers such as Eric Whitacre and Stephen Schwartz. “I am truly thrilled to work with each member of our cast,” said Michael. “This new venture with CAA is the perfect opportunity for our community of actors to be involved in an intimate evening of charming music from the stage.”
Tickets are only $25 and include a cheese/fruit plate and one beverage compliments of CAA. Tickets are available now at CincinnatiArts.org, Cincinnatimusictheatre.org, (513) 621-ARTS , and the Aronoff Center Ticket Office. Group sales of eight or more are available at (513) 977-4157. Ticket price includes all fees.
LOVE IS LOVE Performance Schedule:
- Friday, February 9, 2018 at 8:00 PM
- Saturday, February 10, 2018 at 5:00 PM & 8:00 PM
- Thursday, February 15 at 8pm (added performance)
- Friday, February 16, 2018 at 8:00 PM
- Saturday, February 17, 2018 at 5:00 PM & 8:00 PM
Cincinnati Arts Association
Founded in 1992, the Cincinnati Arts Association (CAA) is a not-for-profit organization that oversees the programming and management of two of the Tri-state’s finest performing arts venues – the Aronoff Center for the Arts and Music Hall – and is dedicated to supporting performing and visual arts. Each year, CAA presents a diverse schedule of events; serves upwards of 700,000 people in its venues; features the work of talented local, regional, and national artists in the Weston Art Gallery (located in the Aronoff Center); and supports the work of more than one dozen resident companies, including Cincinnati Ballet, Cincinnati May Festival, Cincinnati Opera, Cincinnati Symphony/Pops Orchestras, and Fifth Third Bank Broadway in Cincinnati, presented by TriHealth. Since the inception of its acclaimed arts education programs in 1995, CAA has reached more than 1.6 million students.
For more information, visit www.CincinnatiArts.org.
Cincinnati Music Theatre
One of Cincinnati’s oldest and most successful community theaters, CMT is proud of its long history of presenting popular, large scale, award-winning musicals to enthusiastic audiences from across the Greater Cincinnati area. For more information, visit www.cincinnatimusictheatre.org, LIKE us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/cincinnatimusictheatre, and follow us on Twitter @CinMusicTheatre.
CINCINNATI ARTS ASSOCIATION SPONSORS
SEASON SPONSORS: AMERITAS (Founding Season Sponsor), FIFTH THIRD BANK (Lifetime Endowment Partner), FURNITURE FAIR, LOCAL12 WKRC, THE P&G FUND of The Greater Cincinnati Foundation
SEASON PRESENTING SPONSORS: 21C Museum Hotel, Cincinnati Herald, CityBeat, Heidelberg Distributing, Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza, Macy’s, Pepsi, Skyline Chili, TriHealth, Ultimate Air Shuttle, Wells Fargo Insurance Services USA, Inc.
# # #