Monday January 22 and Wednesday January 24 at 7:00 pm
WAIT UNTIL DARK by Frederick Knott
A sinister con man, Roat, and two ex-convicts, Mike and Carlino have traced the location of a mysterious doll to the Greenwich Village apartment of Sam Hendrix and his blind wife, Susy. Sewn inside the doll are several grams of heroin. When a woman is murdered, the situation becomes more urgent. Roat and his ex-convicts convince Susy that the police have implicated Sam in the murder, and the doll is the key to his innocence. A deadly game of cat and mouse ensues and Susy knows the only way to play fair is by her rules.
NEEDED: 6 men, 1 woman, 1 girl. (Flexible casting a possibility.)
- Mike (Male, 28-35): a con man, must be able to exude charm
- Carlino (Male or Female, 35-45): another con artist, must have a big, physical presence.
- Henry Roat, Jr. (Male, 35 -45): the antagonist, master criminal, has to have an air of menace
- Susy Hendrix (Female, 23 -30): the protagonist, vulnerable yet strong, must be able to act blind
- Sam Hendrix (Male or female, 28-35): Susy’s husband, should be able to exude an air of the military
- Gloria (female, 10-12): the Hendrix’s upstairs neighbor, precocious, temperamental but ultimately helpful
- 2 Police Officers (Male or female, 18 and up)
Directed by Tony Copper
SHOW DATES: April 6-15
Xenia Area Community Theater
45 E. Second St. in Xenia