Scenic Painter (Seasonal)
The Children’s Theatre of Cincinnati’s mission is to educate, entertain and engage audiences of all ages through professional theatrical productions and arts education programming. We fulfill our mission through three primary programs:
- TCT MainStage at the Taft Theatre – We welcome 107,000 children, teachers, and family members from across the Tri-State, to one of our four family-friendly and professional musical theatre productions at the historic Taft.
- TCT Showtime Series at Red Bank – New in 2017-2018, TCT will offer two Showtime Series productions annually. Fully-produced yet smaller, longer-run productions through which we can expand the age ranges of children we are reaching.
- TCT On Tour – We see over 60,000 children and their families at one of our touring performances or during an arts-integration workshop or residency.
- TCT Academy – Over 600 children will be provided fine arts instruction, including the group that participates in the four-week intensive summer NKU STAR Intensive where we offer professional musical theatre training to some of the region’s most talented youth.
Vision: To awaken a lifelong love of theater in children and the young at heart.
- We believe in the power of theater to enrich lives and create deeper understandings of people, cultures, and perspectives.
- We believe that our audiences deserve high quality experiences that are rich with wonder, honesty, compassion, joy, and wisdom.
- We believe that the arts and education are not mutually exclusive.
- We believe that the art we create must respect the diversity of our community.
- We believe in the power of integrated arts education to enrich our lives and our communities.
The ideal Scenic Painter reports directly to the Scenic Charge Artist. At the discretion of the Scenic Charge Artist you may be asked to perform, but are not limited to the following duties:
- Other tasks identified by the Scenic Charge Artist
- Other tasks identified by the Technical Director
The Scenic Painter is ideally a self-motivated, able to work independently to complete tasks assigned to them safely and quickly without constant and direct oversight, and is able to work with other members of the company and other members of the theatre community. The Scenic Painter is willing and eager to assist other departments to help fulfill the goals of the company.
Deadlines and timelines for productions are established by the Producing Artistic Director of TCT. Shop deadlines and timelines are established by the Technical Director. Services pursuant to this contract are performed in advance of the appropriate deadlines and in overall compliance with production timelines. TCT anticipates the majority of the work performed pursuant to this contract to be complete in April of 2018, however we are looking to grow this department, and the position does have the potential to evolve into a full-time position in the future.
- Work in the TCT Scene Shop, painting under the direction of the Scenic Charge on a M-F work schedule.
- Communicate with Scenic Charge with any questions or issues
- Priming scenery as necessary
- Finish-work and aging techniques
- Proficient at color mixing,
- Using standard sprayers (P50, Preval)
- Creating a “touch-up” kit and touching up the scenery as necessary
- Cleaning the paint area on completion of the project
- Possesses the ability to lead a project, directing other scenic artists.
- Wage Range: $15-18/hr. depending on experience.
- Housing in Cincinnati is not provided.
- Start date is mid-late January, early February.
Please send your resume, references, and examples of your work or link to your online portfolio to email@example.com. Please use the subject line: “PAINTER”.