Auditions will be held at Lakeview UCC (8639 Columbia Rd, Maineville, Ohio 45039) on Sunday, Jan. 21 from 2pm – 6pm. Reserved times are preferred, but walk-ins are accepted and will be fit around the scheduled auditions.
Performances will be March 23 (7:30pm), March 24 (2pm & 7:30pm) & March 25 (2pm).
GODSPELL is a soft rock musical adaptation of the Gospel of Matthew by Stephen Schwartz (Wicked) and John-Michael Tebelak. GODSPELL requires a diverse ensemble of 10 with all roles featured. Each actor must bring his or her individual personality traits to the character. Ability to play and improvise are a must! All ethnicities are encouraged to audition. All roles are open. The show is physically active, so the cast must have energy, vitality and freedom of movement. Special abilities (playing musical instruments, juggling, etc.) are encouraged. A current resume and headshot would be helpful, but it not required.
- Please prepare 16-32 bars of an up tempo MUSICAL THEATER song – NOT from GODSPELL.
- An accompanist will not be provided – please bring accompaniment tracks (there is a piano if you prefer to bring your own accompanist. (Please no acappella singing).
- There will be a cold read from the script and a Choreo Audition- both a standard audition as well as a tap audition for those with tap experience (please bring your tap shoes if you plan to participate in the tap audition).
- No prepared monologue is required.
- Callbacks, if needed, will be at the director’s discretion.
- Conflicts not listed at time of audition may not be honored.
The director is looking for talent that can be shaped. Experience helps, but is not required.
- Jesus – Male, high Tenor G#;
- Judas/John the Baptist – Male, Baritone Eb.
- “Day by Day” – Mezzo Soprano
- “Learn Your Lessons Well” – Mezzo Soprano
- “Bless the Lord” – Soprano, High A
- “All Good Gifts” – Tenor, High A
- “Light of the World” – Baritone, E
- “Turn Back, O Man” – Alto, D below Middle C
- “By My Side” – Alto
- “We Beseech Thee” – Tenor, High D (falsetto)
For more information and to schedule your audition time please email LumosPlayers@gmail.com.