The Educational Theatre Association is an international association with approximately 125,000 active members. EdTA’s mission is shaping lives through theatre education: honoring student achievement in theatre; supporting teachers by providing professional development, resources, and recognition; and influencing public opinion that theatre education is essential and builds life skills. EdTA is the home of the International Thespian Society, an honorary organization established at more than 4,700 schools, that has inducted more than 2.3 million theatre students since its founding in 1929. EdTA also produces the International Thespian Festival and publishes Dramatics magazine for high school theatre students, and Teaching Theatre, a journal for theatre education professionals.
JOB TITLE: Project Support Specialist I
POSITION: EdTA seeks an Project Support Specialist I to support the many project, programmatic, administrative, event planning, and reporting needs of the association.
SKILLS DESIRED: Must be able to team with others as well as work independently, with minimal supervision, and be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously. The ideal candidate is detail oriented, a clear communicator, forward thinking, creative, and imaginative. The ideal candidate has a customer first orientation. The ideal candidate should be execution-focused, able to roll up your sleeves and focus on the task at hand. The ideal candidate has experience with database management and the ability to be flexible in working with different technologies. Experience in the non-profit sector, theatre and/or education preferred.
POSITION REPORTS TO: Support Services Manager
EDUCATION REQUIRED: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred
STATUS: Full time, non-exempt
STARTING WAGE: Not Posted
The Project Support Specialist supports the Support Services Manager in meeting the various needs of several departments across the organization. Success in the role requires aptitude as a project manager, the ability to build relationships with staff, members, and volunteers, an affinity toward data management, research, and some amount of event planning and support. The Project Support Specialist will be the lead on several projects that require great attention to detail.
- Assists in the production of reports to support organizational decision making.
- Creates tools to increase the efficiency of staff and supports the ability to be more productive for our membership.
- Participates in the execution of several key processes, such as event registration, scholarship application processing, and new business development.
- Assists in the support of the association’s volunteer leaders, as needed.
- Fulfills volunteer leader materials and information requests.
- Other tasks as assigned.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to apply basic project management principles.
- Strong organization, multi-tasking, and time management skills.
- Positive, team-oriented attitude.
- Familiarity with event planning.
- High school level math skills.
- Knowledge of and experience in theatre is a plus.
- Ability to travel on a limited basis.
Please submit cover letter and résumé by email (Subject Line: EdTA Project Support Specialist I) to: HRManager@schooltheatre.org.
First consideration will be given to applications received by December 29, 2017.
No phone calls, please.