Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park is an equal opportunity employer and encourages inquiries about this position from a broad spectrum of candidates reflecting the diversity of the community we serve.
Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park seeks to hire a full-time Education Associate. The Education Associate is responsible for the administration, management and teaching of assigned education and community engagement programs at Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage the administration of assigned programs
- Oversee registration and scheduling for programs
- Manage the implementation of program budget and expenses
- Teach classes, camps, residencies, and workshops
- Develop curriculum and teacher guides
- Plan, schedule, execute and participate in community events
- Orient and train staff on curriculum, classroom management and partner communication methods
Anticipated Start Date: September 25, 2017 Full time, exempt position with benefits. Salary commensurate with experience.
Nights and weekends are required for classes and community events. Start times do vary based on scheduled classes and workshops. The schedule is subject to change based on needs of programs.
- B.A. in theater or education with a theater concentration or commensurate experience
- Confident teaching Acting and Improvisation to a wide range of ages
- Three years teaching experience
- Experience teaching drama in schools is preferred
- Administrative experience
- Experience planning and executing events preferred
- Experienced user of Microsoft office programs
- Demonstrated ability to design curriculum
- The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift up to 25 pounds
- This position is partially sedentary.
- The employee is required to regularly talk and hear.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
To apply, email cover letter, administrative and theater resumes, three references and a sample lesson plan to Daunielle Rasmussen, Director of Education and Community Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline to apply is August 31, 2017. No Calls please.