Kings Island’s Entertainment Department will be holding Performer open Auditions and Technical Interviews for WINTERFEST, June 30th, 2017 through July 30th, 2017.
Fridays: 5:00pm to 7:00pm
Saturdays: 12:00pm to 400pm
Sundays: 12:00pm to 4:00pm
Average Daily Rate for Performers is $85.04 to $110.00
Average Hourly Rate for Technicians is $9.65 to $12.25 per-hour
Rehearsals for performers will be in the evenings in early November.
WINTERFEST will be open on the following nights from 5:00pm to 10:00pm:
- November 24, 25, 26
- December 1, 2, 3
- December 8, 9, 10
- December 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23
- December 26, 27, 28, 29, 30
FOR THE AUDITION:
- SHOW VOCALISTS- We will be casting various vocal styles for numerous shows throughout the park. Please prepare two songs. One up-tempo and one ballad in a Pop, Country, Musical Theatre or Christmas style. Piano accompaniment will be provided as well as CD playback.
- A CAPPELLA VOCALISTS- We are also casting a 5-performer a cappella group as well as a 3-female a cappella group. We are interesting in seeing individuals as well as established groups.
- DANCERS- We are seeking trained dancers for the cast of “Tinker’s Toy Factory”, a live song and dance style show. Candidates will be taught a short dance combination. Some Acro is preferred but not necessary.
- ACTORS- We will be casting a variety of actors of all ages to play various characters throughout the park. Candidates should be comfortable memorizing scripted material as well as displaying strong improv skills.
Candidates should prepare a 2 min. family-friendly monologue.
Roles to be cast include: Scrooge, Toy Soldier, Candy Cane, Gingerbread Man, Sugar Plum Fairy, Ice Princess, Ice Prince, Christmas Carol, Jingle Bell, a trio of Elves (Holly, Jolly and Lolly) and others throughout the park.
- MUSICIANS- We are interested in drummers and brass instruments. Please prepare a 2 min. piece displaying various styles. Drums will be provided at the audition.
- TECHNICIANS- We are seeking to hire Audio Engineers, Lighting Technicians, Deck Crew, Architectural Systems Technicians, Costume Dressers, Make-up Artists, Stage Managers, Scenic Carpenters, Decor Team, Props Technicians. Please bring a one page resume and availability from July through December.