Cincinnati LAB Theatre, a division of Falcon Theatre, is pleased to accept submissions from local playwrights for their upcoming 2017 and 2018 New Works Festivals. Plays/Musicals are being considered for the LAB track: first, as a reading as part of the 2017 Play Reading series with opportunity to be workshopped and produced as a main stage production in 2018.
Cincinnati-area playwrights should submit their full length drafts of one-act or short two-act plays and musicals to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration, as well as a one page synopsis of the piece. Electronic submissions only.
The submission opportunity will end April 30th with notification of those selected on May 30, 2017.
- One submission per playwright.
- Plays must not have had any professional productions.
- Small casts (around 5 actors) are preferred.
- Sets should be simple.
- Musicals should be accompanied by a vocal and piano/conductor score.
- This is an opportunity to work with professional actors and a director to improve your work and see it realized. There is no monetary compensation.
- Playwrights must be available for the workshop process from July – August in both 2017 and 2018.
For questions or more information, follow Cincinnati LAB Theatre on FaceBook, Twitter, and Instagram.