Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park is an equal opportunity employer and encourages inquiries about this position from a broad spectrum of candidates reflecting the diversity of the community we serve.
Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park seeks a Choreographer and Instructor to teach Dance and Improvisation for our 2017 one-week Performance Academy: ‘Sleeping Beauty, Kids’. This one week camp is delivered in three locations over three weeks: Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park, Middletown Arts Center, and Run Jump-n-Play in Mason.
The Instructor is responsible for teaching the basics of dance and improvisation to participants; creating and teaching show choreography; leading a simple craft during the weeks in Mason and Middletown; creating and implementing curriculum; collaborating with CPIP Education Staff and other professional artists. S/he is responsible for creating approved lesson plans and maintaining a positive and exciting camp environment.
The ideal candidate has completed or is working towards a college degree, has experience working with children and is enthusiastic about summer camps. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Create and teach choreography for Disney’s Sleeping Beauty, KIDS
- Teach daily dance classes
- Teach Improvisation
- Create and execute a simple craft at Mason and Middletown camp locations
- Prep classrooms as needed
- Trouble shoot challenges as they come up
- Attend meetings conferences and training session
Training/Prep Time: To be arranged with Education staff Camp dates: July 10-28 Camp Hours:
Pay Rate: $850 per week
- Extensive experience in dance and choreography (3 years or more)
- Experience teaching children and/or teenagers
- Energetic, responsive, flexible, creative
- Attentive to details, ability to work independently
- Currently attending college, graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree, or commensurate experience.
- Good communication skills
- Organized and able to solve problems quickly and positively
- The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift up to 25 pounds
- This employee must have a reliable means of transportation
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
For more information, go to cincyplay.com and click on the Employment tab.
To apply: Please send a resume and three references to Daunielle Rasmussen, Director of Education and Community Engagement at Daunielle.firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls please.
Application Deadline: March 19, 2017