Is Ever After really as happy as everyone expected? In this hilarious parody of daytime TV, a talk show host wonders if time truly heals all wounds. She invites Cinderella and her middle-aged ’beauty-impaired’ stepsisters to reconcile with each other after being estranged for 20 years. What about Snow White and the Evil Queen? This hysterical fractured fairy tale has it all: a trash-talking clairvoyant mirror, an unfortunate prince who is turning slowly back into a frog and even Jiminy Cricket — now an occupational therapist and author of the book “My Life as Your Conscience.”
The musical is punctuated by questions from obnoxious studio audience members and ridiculously funny infomercials for fairy tale related products. Get ready to perform some knee-slapping and hand-clapping with great foot-tapping songs like ’Beauty Impaired’ and ’Dainty Do-Gooder’!
Actors must be 7 to 18 years of age.
Friday, February 10, 6 pm—8 pm
Saturday, February 11, 10 am — Noon.
(you do not attend both auditions)
Possible Callbacks: Monday, February 13 at 6:30
Hamline United Methodist Church
102 W High St.
Please prepare a song to sing and be ready to do “cold reads” from the script.
Saturday, May 13, 2 pm
Sunday, May 14, 2 pm
Greendale Middle School
Rehearsals will be Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays 6:30 pm—8:00 pm. The first rehearsal will be Thursday, February 16th. Rehearsals held at Hamline UMC.
CAST OF CHARACTERS
- HOST -talk show host (“Monterey Jack Chesterfield Williamson” or “Sally Lizzie Jesse Donatello-Griffin”)
- STEPSISTER 1 -Cinderella’s now middle-aged ugly stepsister
- STEPSISTER 2 -Also still “beauty-impaired”
- CINDERELLA -Traditional fairy-tale character, but not as young as she used to be
- SNOW WHITE -Still wearing that same high collar
- QUEEN -Snow White’s nemesis
- MIRROR -Human face that protrudes from the queen’s large wall mirror
- JIMINY CRICKET -Now an occupational therapist
- EMMETT MANTELLA -Frog-er, man-with a problem
- PAT -Advertiser/ spokesperson for various products
- BETH -another
- SAM -another
STUDIO AUDIENCE MEMBERS
- AIRHEAD -not too bright
- LOUDMOUTH -Loud and obnoxious
- OLD WEEPING LADY 1 -Elderly woman; finds everything touching
- OLD WEEPING LADY 2 -another