Monday, Feb. 6 from 6-9pm by appointment
Tuesday, Feb. 7 form 6-8pm by appointment
Wednesday, Feb. 8 6-9pm Dance Callback
Thursday, Feb. 9 6-9pm Script Callback
SHOW: May 26-28, 2017 Memorial Day Weekend
FIRST REHEARSAL: Tuesday, Feb 21st at CTM
PARENT MEETING: Sunday, Feb 19th
REHEARSALS: Tues./Thurs. 6-9pm, Sun 1-5pm at CTM’s Main Street Studio; a full rehearsal schedule will be shared within the first 3 weeks of rehearsals
DIRECTOR: Dirk Doebereiner
ABOUT THE SHOW: Shakespeare’s “Romeo and Juliet” is transported to modern-day New York City as two young, idealistic lovers find themselves caught between warring street gangs, the “American” Jets and the Puerto Rican Sharks. Their struggle to survive in a world of hate, violence and prejudice is one of the most innovative, heart-wrenching and relevant musical dramas of our time.
*An Audition Appointment is NECESSARY
Click Here for an Audition Appointment
Audition ages 12 – 18
- Place: Mars Hill Academy (4230 Aero Drive) (Click here for directions)
- Bring a headshot photo to the audition (photos will not be returned). Photo does NOT need to be professional.
- Make an Audition Appointment and print the resulting audition form. Be sure to bring that printed audition form to the audition.
- You only need to come to one of the audition dates.
- If you cannot make either audition date, you may submit a video audition. Please click Video Audition Information for details.
Callbacks will be held Wednesday, Feb. 8th AND Thursday, Feb. 9th at Mars Hill Academy, those who are called back must be available for the entire callback time.
Email any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- First rehearsal will be a full cast read-thru on Tuesday, Feb. 21. There will also be a mandatory parent meeting – Sunday, Feb. 19. Additional details will be provided.
- Rehearsals will be on Sunday afternoons and Tuesday and Thursday evenings at CTM’s Main Street Studios in Mason.
- Those cast in WEST SIDE STORY will pay a $125 participation fee which covers the cost of: a souvenir show t-shirt, garment bag for your costume/s, a one line personal ad in the playbill, and the main parts of your costume. Actors may be asked to supply specific accessories or generic pieces (ex. socks, tights, shoes, etc.)
- It is mandatory that parents volunteer for at least 6 hours on pre-production jobs (set painting, set building, parent monitoring, etc.), as well as for 2 volunteer time slots during the performance weekend (ticket sales, concessions, green room, etc.). Parents who cannot make this commitment should not have their children audition.
NOTE: We value your time and that of all actors. You may be stopped before the end of your audition. This is not a reflection of your performance only that the directors have seen or heard what they need to. If you have a specific part of your song you feel is very important, try to start near that portion so you are not stopped before reaching it.
- Memorized monologue should be a maximum of 30 seconds.
- Please prepare 30 seconds of a song. Your song should showcase your acting ability and skills while singing.
- NO songs from West Side Story and NO pop songs. No a cappella (bring music!)
- No accompanist will be available. It is strongly recommended that you use an accompaniment track. There will be a CD player and speaker connection for mp3 players available.
- Please bring your accompaniment track on a phone, CD, or MP3 Player. Song may have Backup vocals on the CD/MP3 but no lead vocals.
- When using a phone, CD, or MP3 player, please edit your track to the beginning of where you will be singing.
- Please note we cannot be responsible if CD/MP3 does not play properly.
- Suggestions for your song:
- Select a song that showcases your voice and your vocal range.
- Select a song that has as few key changes as possible.
- Select a song that does not have lots of rests or sing the song without those rests.
- If possible, pick a song that shows some quick delivery of words and pitches as well as some longer, sustained notes.
- Wed. Feb 8th – DANCE CALLBACK 6-9pm
- Wear dance shoes and appropriate clothing for dancing.
- Thurs. Feb 9th – SCRIPT CALLBACK 6-9pm
- Wed. Feb 8th – DANCE CALLBACK 6-9pm