Auditions for the Hamilton Rotary Club’s production of Andrew Lloyd Webber & Tim Rice’s JOSEPH AND THE AMAZINNG TECHNICOLOR DREAMCOAT
Directed by Kevin Brunck
Produced by Jane Winkler & Barb Winkler
Conducted and Vocal Direction by Mark Durbin
Choreographed by Jody Mangino, Kayla Rice and Sandy Wiesman
Assistant Director- Tracy Botos
AUDITIONS WILL BE HELD AT:
THE CREATIVE CENTER AT THE PALACE
215 S. THIRD STREET
HAMILTON, OHIO 45011
ADULTS- Ages 16 & Up
Thursday, December 8th 7:00PM
Friday, December 9th 7:00PM
CHILDREN- Ages 7 to 15
Wednesday, December 7th 6:30PM
- NARRATOR(S) Female- Stage Age 25 to 30
- JOSEPH Stage Age 17 to 20
- JACOB Stage Age 50 and up
(The Brothers & Wives- Various dance and vocal styles required)
- REUBEN Stage Age 35-45
- REUBEN’S WIFE Stage Age 20-45
- SIMEON Stage Age 35-45
- SIMEON’S WIFE Stage Age 20-45
- LEVI Stage Age 30-40
- LEVI’S WIFE Stage Age 20-40
- JUDAH Stage Age 30-40
- JUDAH’S WIFE Stage Age 20-40
- DAN Stage Age 30-40
- DAN’S WIFE Stage Age 20-40
- NAPHTHALI Stage Age 25-30
- NAPHTHALI’S WIFE Stage Age 20-30
- GAD Stage Age 25-30
- GAD’S WIFE Stage Age 20-30
- ASHER Stage Age 25-30
- ASHER’S WIFE Stage Age 20-30
- ISAACHAR Stage Age 20-30
- ISAACHAR’S WIFE Stage Age 20-30
- ZEBULON Stage Age 20-30
- ZEBULON’S WIFE Stage Age 20-30
- BENJAMIN Stage Age 14-17
- PHARAOH Stage Age 30-50
- POTIPHAR Stage Age 40-60
- POTIPHAR’S WIFE Stage Age 25-35 (Must be a strong dancer and tapper)
Several adults of various ages will be cast as Ishmaelites, guards, servants and dancers and will be included in the major production numbers.
Up to 20 children (ages 8 to 15) will be cast in the Children’s Chorus. The chorus will be on stage for the majority of the show.
- Adults and children should prepare one song in a Musical Theatre style. Singing a song from the show is acceptable but not required.
- Piano accompaniment as well as CD playback will be available for the audition.
- Please bring a complete list of conflict dates from January through mid-March.
- We will have one rehearsal the week of December 12th to distribute music and rehearsal schedules.
- Full rehearsals will begin the first week of January.
- We will rehearse 3 nights per-week in January, February and March (weather permitting). Children will be released no later than 8:45PM on school nights.
- If a significant number of rehearsals are canceled due to weather, it may be necessary to add extra rehearsals the first two weeks of March.
- The specific days of the week we rehearse will be determined after the show is cast.
- The show will be performed at Parrish Auditorium on the Hamilton Campus of Miami University on March 15, 16, 17, 18 (at 8:00pm) and Sunday, March 19th (at 2:00pm).
- For additional information, please contact Director, Kevin Brunck at firstname.lastname@example.org OR email@example.com