EdTA Marketing Specialist
Job Title: Marketing Specialist
Department: Marketing and Communications
Supervisor: Director of Marketing and Communications
FLSA Status: Permanent part-time
Prepared By: Director of Human Resources
Prepared Date: 9/28/2016
Approved By: Deputy Executive Director
Approved Date: 9/28/2016
The Educational Theatre Association (EdTA) is a professional organization for theatre education with more than 100,000 members nationwide. EdTA’s mission is shaping lives through theatre education by: honoring student achievement in theatre and enriching their theatre education experience; supporting teachers by providing professional development, networking opportunities, resources, and recognition; and influencing public opinion that theatre education is essential and builds life skills. EdTA is the home of the International Thespian Society, an honorary organization that has inducted more than 2.2 million theatre students since its founding in 1929.
Job Purpose: To support the EdTA’s goals, strategies, and tactics by assisting with implementation of marketing activities, primarily marketing communications project management.
Essential duties and responsibilities. Other duties may be assigned.
Marketing project management:
Be a liaison among in-house client departments, external graphic designers, printers, and mail house to ensure that collateral materials are developed and delivered accurately and on schedule.
Manage the production of major projects including the sales catalog and annual report
Keep detailed, accurate records of schedules, bids, invoices and payments.
Other departmental assistance and support including:
- Developing and deploying brand-consistent email using a platform such as RealMagnet
- Collaborating on the association’s Visual/graphic support for both print and digital content, such as developing web graphics, infographics, etc.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills
- Deadline driven with strong attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel and PowerPoint
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop and either Illustrator or InDesign, including development of web graphics, infographics, PowerPoints, etc.
- Experience with an email service provider system
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to take initiative, multi-task and prioritize multiple projects; experience in coordinating with outside vendors including printing companies and graphic designers
- Proofreading skills
- Experience with shooting/editing/posting short-form video for web
- Experience with web content management system
- Familiarity with theatre and other performing arts
- Experience with a non-profit or membership-based organization
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or related field plus one year professional experience in the marketing communications field or equivalent
Candidates should send a resume and cover letter to HRManager@schooltheatre.org. Reference “EdTA Job #93016MKT2” in the subject line.
Applications received prior to 10/7/2016, 4pm, will be given priority. No calls, please.