The Carnegie Announces Auditions for THE MUSIC MAN
Directed by Greg Procaccino
Music Direction by Steve Goers
Choreography by Maggie Perrino
Performances: January 19-22, 26-29, 2016 (10 performances; double Saturday shows)
- Thursday, Friday & Saturday Evenings at 7:30pm
- Saturdays at 2:00pm; Sundays at 3:00pm
Rehearsals evenings December 19-22, 27-30, January 2-6, 8-13, 15-18
Seventy-six trombones will be marching into The Carnegie for our annual, family-friendly January Production. See Professor Harold Hill take on the stubborn citizens of River City, Iowa while unexpectedly falling in love with the town’s buttoned-up librarian, Marian Paroo. With plenty of Americana and rousing up-tempo tunes, it’ll be like the fourth of July in the middle of January.
All adult roles have been pre-cast. Auditions are for children ages 8-18 only.
Auditions by Appointment Only on the Following Dates:
- September 17,1:00-4:00pm
- September 18, 1:00-4:00pm
To schedule a time slot, please contact Greg Swiger, email@example.com.
- A short cut (16-32 bars) of a musical theatre song in the style of the show. An accompanist will be provided. Please bring sheet music in the correct key. A Cappella auditions, or those with pre-recorded accompaniment, will not be considered.
- There will be a short movement audition, so please dress appropriately.
- Resume listing theatrical experience/education and headshot/picture are required to audition. Please bring with you to the audition, do not send in advance.
Auditions will take place at The Carnegie, Eva G. Farris Education Center
1028 Scott Blvd. Covington, KY 41011
Available Roles (as tracked in the original production):
- Youth Ensemble – 8 children ages 8-12 to play various children in the town: Mayor Shinn’s children, Winthrop (Marian’s shy younger brother), and Amaryllis (Marian’s piano student and friend of Winthrop)
- Teen Ensemble – 8 young people ages 13-18 to play various teens in the town: Zeneeta Shinn (the Mayor’s oldest daughter) and Tommy Djilas (tough young man, who becomes a leader in the band). Teen ensemble will also be the major dance ensemble featured in Marian the Librarian, Shipoopi, and 76 Trombones