JOB OPENING: Events/Administrative Manager
The Events/Administrative Manager plans, manages, implements and evaluates department events and serves as the administrative manager for the department. The Events/Administrative Manager is a full-time position with benefits. Evening and weekend hours are sometimes required. This position reports to the Associate Development Director.
- Manage department events, including:
- Developing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating the annual events plan.
- For each event, providing concept development, budget management, event promotion, logistics, reservations, wrap-up and evaluation.
These events include: Leading Ladies, the Season Announcement party, events for the Artistic Director’s Circle, Spotlight Circle and Morse Johnson Society, Playhouse Pride as well as sponsor benefit events, Red Carpet Packages and other development events throughout the season.
- Serve as staff liaison (with Major Gift Director) to the Leading Ladies’ subcommittee.
- Work with the Major Gifts Director to manage the sponsor benefit fulfillment program, serving as the department liaison to the sponsors.
- Lead the department’s administrative function, including implementing the donor communications calendar, managing the Development Department calendar and overseeing meeting logistics (for committees, donors, staff).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- One or more years of experience working in the development field.
- Experience managing events and/or project management.
- Strong organizational skills including careful attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills required, including high proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook desired.
- Creative design concept development skills and “out of the box” thinking preferred.
- Professionalism to work successfully with board level volunteers and high-level donors.
- A desire to work in a fast-paced environment and the ability to successfully manage several priorities on a regular basis.
- Experience with development software, database programs and/or Tessitura highly desirable.
- Desire to be an integral member of a high-functioning development team.
- A passion for theatre and/or the arts is highly desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- The employee is frequently required to stand and walk and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift up to 25 pounds.
- This position is partially sedentary, and the employee is required to regularly talk and hear.
Submit your cover letter and resume with three references to:
Jay B. Kalagayan
Associate Development Director
Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park
962 Mt. Adams Circle
Cincinnati, OH 45202
Please no calls.
Application Deadline: May 25, 2016