Loveland Stage Company is excited to announce auditions for COMPANY by the late Stephen Sondheim on November 7th & 8th.
On the night of his 35th birthday, confirmed bachelor, Robert, contemplates his unmarried state. Over the course of a series of dinners, drinks and even a wedding, his friends – “those good and crazy people [his] married friends” – explain the pros and cons of taking on a spouse. The habitually single Robert is forced to question his adamant retention of bachelorhood during a hilarious array of interactions. The audience will enjoy seeing an intimate reflection of themselves and their own friends.
Performance runs: March 3-19, 2022
Directed by John Sloan
Co-Produced by Jill Gornet & Tom Cavano
More information is available on our Auditions Page.
Loveland Stage Company proudly presents PUFFS OR: SEVEN INCREASINGLY EVENTFUL YEARS AT A CERTAIN SCHOOL OF MAGIC & MAGIC by Matt Cox. Runtime is two hours including an intermission. PUFFS runs from November 4-20, 2022 at the historic Loveland Stage Company theater (111 S 2nd St, Loveland, OH 45140). This strong and delightful season opener sets the bar high for the rest of the season which includes “Company” in March and “Twelfth Night” in May, as well as various holiday performances.
“Hiiiii!!!” Calling all Braves, Snakes, Smarts and PUFFS! Sit down for a spell and join a group of students as they endeavor to survive and thrive over seven years at a certain school of magic and magic. The show reimagines a heroic story with exciting turns and loveable characters. Each of the actors bring multiple characters to life with spunk! Quick-whitted humor is guaranteed to cause the audience to erupt with laughter throughout the performance. Cast your expectations aside! This isn’t your traditional tale. This is a tale for anyone who has never been destined to save the world.
Hilarious, heartwarming, and fun – you’ll surely enjoy every moment of this adventure! By the way – Badgers are cool!
“Puffs (Two Act Edition)” is presented through special arrangement with Concord theatricals on behalf of Samuel French, Inc. www.concordtheatricals.com.
We’re proud to offer an ASL interpretive performance on November 6th at 3:00 p.m.
Tickets go on sale October 4th, and can be purchased online at:
(Please note: Puffs contains adult language and humor.)
Loveland Stage Company was created in 1979 by a group of eleven individuals looking to grow arts within the community. We have been supported by our community since then. Over the years we have encouraged, nurtured, and worked with people to extend their talents into every area of live theater. Since 1980 we have continuously presented at least two major productions, and oftentimes more. We have also held many events with the Loveland community over the years. All funds realized from our shows are put into the next productions, used for the scholarship fund, and renovations of our theater building. We are currently fundraising for a new HVAC system.
Loveland Stage Company is excited to announce the magical cast of our Fall show!
- Wayne Hopkins – Andrew Leonard
- Oliver Rivers – David TR Goble
- Megan Jones – Niki Rasmussen
- Narrator – John Sloan
- Ernie Mac & Others- Zach Schnelle
- Hannah & Others – Jodi Zerbe
- J. Finch Fletchley & Others – Matt Schiesl
- Leanne & Others- Keilah Boone
- Sally Perks & Others – Megan Archibald
- Susie Bones & Others – Sophia Heller
- Cedric & Mr. Voldy – Tom Quandary
Directed by Carissa Sloan, and Co-produced by Jill Gornet and Tom Cavano.
Thanks to the amazing turnout and talent of all who auditioned!
PUFFS runs November 4-20, 2022 at the Loveland Stage Company.
For more information, visit www.lovelandstagecompany.org.
Our 2022-23 season tickets are now on sale. Our season includes PUFFS, directed by Carissa Sloan running November 4-20, 2022 and COMPANY, directed by John Sloan running March 3 -19, 2023.
Our Spring show in May is still to be determined.
Season ticket prices remain at $54 each. Please find our current order form at our website www.lovelandstagecompany.org . You can mail the completed form with your payment to the remittance address, or, if you would prefer to charge your purchase you can send the completed form to: email@example.com and you will be provided with a Paypal Invoice. You do not need a Paypal Account to use this method.
As always, as a season ticket holder you will get advanced seating preferences to all our shows.
Please direct all questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Loveland Stage Company
Performance Dates: November 4-6, 11-13, 18-20
Hiiiiii! Calling all Snakes, Braves, Smarts and Puffs! Just when you think this show is about 7 years spent learning spells and a certain rapscallion boy wizard – it’s not! The forever underdogs, the Puffs, are notably in the spotlight. The laughs never cease in this wild, funny, and energetic show! #3rdOrNothing!
Directed by Carissa Sloan
Co-Produced by Jill Gornet & Tom Cavano
**Please note: Ages are 18+ to be considered.
All auditions will be held in person at Loveland Stage Company (111 S 2nd St. (Rt 48), Loveland, Ohio 45140) on August 7 & 8. Call backs will start on August 10th at 7:00 p.m.**
Please sign up for an audition slot at www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0e4ba9ad2dabfbc34-puffs
Auditions will be in 3 parts:
- British Accent – please be prepared to read one of the two provided short pieces in a British accent.
- Cold Reads from the Script
British Accent pieces – choose between:
- “Eliza, I know you’re tired. I know your head aches. I know your nerves are as raw as meat in a butcher’s window. But think what you’re trying to accomplish. Think what you’re dealing with. The majesty and grandeur of the English language. It’s the greatest possession we have. The noblest sentiments that ever flowed in the hearts of men are contained in its extraordinary, imaginative and musical mixtures of sounds. That’s what you’ve set yourself to conquer Eliza. And conquer it, you will. Now try it again.”
- I should never have known how ladies and gentlemen behave if it hadn’t been for Colonel Pickering. He always showed me that he felt and thought about me as if I were something better than a common flower girl. You see, Mrs. Higgins, apart from the things one can pick up, the difference between a lady and a flower girl is not how she behaves, but how she is treated. I shall always be a flower girl to Professor Higgins because he always treats me as a flower girl and always will. But I know that I shall always be a lady to Colonel Pickering because he always treats me like a lady, and always will.
At Loveland Stage Company, we’re striving to be a leader in local theater while providing an enriching experience for all those involved in our productions. We’re very excited to meet you!
PUFFS, Or: Seven Increasingly Eventful Years At A Certain School of Magic and Magic by Matt Cox,
“Puffs (Two Act Edition)” is presented by arrangement with Concord Theatricals on behalf of Samuel French, Inc.