DIRTY DANCING IN CONCERT
TO TOUR ACROSS NORTH AMERICA AND CANADA
The global live-to-film concert tour celebrates the classic film in more than 40 cities
December 3, 2023
Aronoff Center – Procter & Gamble Hall
Tickets on sale Friday, May 12 at 10:00 AM
(Cincinnati, OH) – Relive the timeless love story of Baby and Johnny as global content leader Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B), GEA Live, Karl Sydow, and Innovation Arts & Entertainment announce Dirty Dancing in Concert – celebrating the film favorite on a full-size cinema screen with a band and singers live on stage. With a soundtrack that defined a generation, Dirty Dancing in Concert promises to bring a new thrilling experience to the ‘80s classic! Dirty Dancing in Concert comes to the Aronoff Center’s Procter & Gamble Hall on Sunday, December 3, 2023 at 7:00 PM.
Tickets go on sale Friday, May 12 at 10:00 AM at www.CincinnatiArts.org, (513) 621-ARTS , and the Aronoff Center and Music Hall Ticket Offices. Group discount tickets for 10 or more are available by calling (513) 977-4157.
Audiences attending Dirty Dancing in Concert will experience the hit film in a unique and unforgettable way. A complete screening of the digitally remastered film will play as a five-piece band and vocalists perform the songs live, in sync with the film. Stay for the encore party and continue to sing and dance along with the band to your favorite Dirty Dancing songs.
Dirty Dancing in Concert will tour in the Fall of 2023 stopping in 42 cities. Fans will have a new way to immerse themselves in the world of Dirty Dancing while celebrating the classic they know and love.
Dirty Dancing, written by Eleanor Bergstein, directed by Emile Ardolino, and starring Patrick Swayze and Jennifer Grey in their most iconic movie roles, was a worldwide box-office sensation when it was released in 1987. Its soundtrack generated two multi-Platinum albums and multiple singles, including the Academy Award®-winning best original song “(I’ve Had) The Time of My Life.” Grossing more than $213 million worldwide, Dirty Dancing captured the hearts of audiences everywhere.
Set in the summer of 1963, Baby Houseman (Jennifer Grey) and her family vacation to the beautiful Catskills resort, Kellerman’s. Intrigued by the staff’s dance instructor, Johnny Castle (Patrick Swayze), and the vastly different lifestyle of others, Baby finds herself learning to dance while having the time of her life and falling in love. It is a summer she’ll never forget.
The 2023 Dirty Dancing in Concert Tour:
- Hartford, CT October 17, 2023
- Syracuse, NY October 18, 2023
- Erie, PA October 19, 2023
- Indianapolis, IN October 20, 2023
- Toledo, OH October 21, 2023
- Cleveland, OH October 22, 2023
- Grand Rapids, MI October 24, 2023
- Des Moines, IA October 25, 2023
- Fargo, ND October 26, 2023
- Winnipeg, MB October 27, 2023
- Edmonton, AB October 29, 2023
- Saskatoon, SK November 1, 2023
- Medicine Hat, AB November 2, 2023
- Calgary, AB November 3, 2023
- Penticton, BC November 4, 2023
- Victoria, BC November 6, 2023
- Nanaimo, BC November 7, 2023
- Billings, MT November 10, 2023
- Cheyenne, WY November 11, 2023
- Denver, CO November 12, 2023
- Salt Lake City, UT November 14, 2023
- Butte, MT November 15, 2023
- Spokane, WA November 16, 2023
- Seattle, WA November 17, 2023
- Eugene, OR November 18, 2023
- Portland, OR November 19, 2023
- San Jose, CA November 21, 2023
- Pasadena, CA November 22, 2023
- Lubbock, TX November 24, 2023
- San Antonio, TX November 25, 2023
- Oklahoma City, OK November 28, 2023
- Little Rock, AR November 29, 2023
- St. Louis, MO November 30, 2023
- Kansas City, MO December 1, 2023
- Joliet, IL December 2, 2023
- Cincinnati, OH December 3, 2023
- Dayton, OH December 5, 2023
- Knoxville, TN December 6, 2023
- Bowling Green, KY December 7, 2023
- New Orleans, LA December 10, 2023
- Fort Myers, FL December 12, 2023
- Lakeland, FL December 13, 2023
Dirty Dancing in Concert’s tour joins a series of live-to-film concerts touring internationally based on Lionsgate properties, including the highly successful La La Land in Concert, with more than 125 performances in 25 countries to date.
For more information, visit Dirtydancinginconcert.com.
Combining the STARZ premium global subscription platform with world-class motion picture and television studio operations, Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B) brings a unique and varied portfolio of entertainment to consumers around the world. Its film, television, subscription, and location-based entertainment businesses are backed by a 17,000-title library and the largest collection of film and television franchises in the independent media space. A digital age company driven by its entrepreneurial culture and commitment to innovation, the Lionsgate brand is synonymous with bold, original, relatable entertainment for the audiences it serves worldwide.
GEA is a live entertainment company that designs and delivers creative projects of all sizes and disciplines. Recent projects of GEA that toured the world include the arena tours of the late legend Ennio Morricone, a career retrospective tour of Hollywood composer James Newton Howard, the first ever live tour of Grammy Award-winning music producer Giorgio Moroder, and film in- concert presentations of blockbuster titles such as The Godfather, Titanic, La La Land, The Hunger Games, and Paddington. GEA is currently producing worldwide tours of Immersive Exhibitions Imagine Monet and Imagine Van Gogh, Ennio Morricone – The Official Concert Celebration, and Netflix’ Our Planet.
About Karl Sydow
In 2018, Karl produced Sting’s The Last Ship on Tour in the UK and Ireland, Alan Ayckbourn’s The Divide with The Old Vic and Edinburgh International Festival, Davit Hare’s The Moderate Soprano at the Duke of York’s Theatre and Sketching by James Graham at Wilton’s Music Hall, as well as Red Joan, a film featuring Dame Judi Dench which premiered at Toronto film Festival. Karl has produced Dirty Dancing – the Classic Story on Stage across the UK and around the world since 2004.
About Innovation Arts & Entertainment
Innovation Arts & Entertainment brings world class theatrical experiences and dynamic live engagements to theaters and performing arts venues across North America. IAE is also the creator of the Beach Road Weekend Music Festival on Martha’s Vineyard and the Martha’s Vineyard Concert Series. IAE provides uncompromising dedication to artists and clients, integrity, artistic vision, marketing innovation, and an unrivaled intensity to do things right the first time.
# # #