Our production of this Shakespeare classic is set in the 1980s! This is a fast-paced romantic comedy with several interwoven plots involving romance, mistaken identities and practical jokes. Separated from her twin brother Sebastian in a shipwreck, Viola disguises herself as a boy, calls herself Cesario, and becomes a servant to the Duke Orsino. He sends her to woo the Countess Olivia on his behalf, but the Countess falls in love with Cesario. Meanwhile, Olivia’s uncle, Sir Toby Belch gets drunk with his friend, Sir Andrew Aguecheek and they play a trick on Malvolio, Olivia’s steward. Eventually Sebastian turns up and causes even more confusion, chaos and comedy.
The cast includes:
- Michael Yarick as Feste
- Nick Dunker as Duke Orsino
- Anna Hazard as Viola
- Katherine Anderson as Oliva
- Justin Hanks as Sebastian
- Joe Simmons as Mal Volio
- Ken Macke as Sir Toby Belch
- Megan Hayes as Maria
- Joseph Stanichar as Sir Andrew Aguecheek
- Andrew Theademan as Antonio
- Emily Tilling as Fabian/Valentine
- Pettrina Barresi as Captain/Attendant/Servant/Officer/Priest
Directed by Kiya Fix
Co-produced by Micheal Kiser & Becky Jones
Performances run May 5-21.
For more information visit www.lovelandstagecompany.org.