Tri-County Players announce auditions for our Spring production, COMMUNICATING DOORS by Alan Ayckbourn.
Directed by Sarah Hoback
- Sunday, February 12 5pm-7pm at Bell Tower Pavilion – 3270 Glendale Milford Rd, Cincinnati, OH 45241
- Monday, February 13 6pm-8pm at Evendale Cultural Arts Center, Hearth Room (Upstairs) – 10428 Reading Rd, Cincinnati, OH 45241
This intricate time traveling comic thriller by the British master of farcical comedy delighted London and New York audiences. A London sex specialist from the future stumbles into a murder plot that sends her, compliments of a unique set of hotel doors, traveling back in time. She and two women who were murdered in 1998 and 1978 race back and forth in time trying to rewrite history and prevent their own violent ends. The frantic race begins when Poopay is hired for an evening at the Regal Hotel by an old man who eschews a fling in favor of confessing his role in the demise of his wives. Now a target, Poopay flees into the vestibule and somehow triggers the time machine.
3 men and 3 women.
Actors can be any ethnicity.
- The actress playing Poopay should appear to be around stage age ~33.
- Ruella should appear stage age -45.
The ages of the other actors matter less because they’ll be playing characters at different ages.
- Reece (a businessman) plays 30 and 70
- Jessica (his first wife) plays 25 and 45
- Julian (an “associate”) plays 45 and 65
- Harold (a detective) plays 35 and 45.
Auditions will consist of cold readings from the script.
We’ll cast the show that week and aim for a table read with everyone on Thursday, February 16th and then actual rehearsals will start Monday, February 20th.
Rehearsals will be 3-4 days a week based on everyone’s availability. All actors won’t be called to every rehearsal.
Production dates: April 21-30.