Sun-Mon, Feb. 5-6 from 6-9pm
Walk-ins welcome at the next available slot. Please bring all conflicts to auditions. Call backs on February 12th.
TWELFTH NIGHT is a fast-paced romantic comedy with several interwoven plots involving romance, mistaken identities and practical jokes. Separated from her twin brother Sebastian in a shipwreck, Viola disguises herself as a boy, calls herself Cesario, and becomes a servant to the Duke Orsino. He sends her to woo the Countess Olivia on his behalf, but the Countess falls in love with Cesario. Meanwhile, Olivia’s uncle, Sir Toby Belch gets drunk with his friend, Sir Andrew Aguecheek and they play a trick on Malvolio, Olivia’s steward. Eventually Sebastian turns up and causes even more confusion, chaos and comedy.
Auditions will consist of one prepared monologue (see signup genius for monologue selections) and cold readings from the script.
- Duke Orsino (M): The Duke of the region is lovesick for Olivia, but she rejects his attention. He later finds himself attracted to Viola, but because she is disguised as a man, he finds these feelings befuddling.
- Viola (F): The victim of a shipwreck. She disguises herself as a man (Cesario) and becomes a page to Duke Orsino. She falls in love with him but cannot reveal who she actually is.
- Olivia (F): A fine wealthy woman with an unruly household of servants. She resists the attention of Duke Orsino and falls in love with his young attendant, Cesario.
- Sebastian (M): Viola’s twin brother who is assumed to have drowned. When he does arrive in Illyria, he is mistaken for Orsino’s page Cesario and seduced by Olivia.
- Malvolio (Any): The head servant in Olivia’s household. Very efficient but also very self-righteous and priggish.
- Feste (Any): A street musician, who moves between Olivia’s and Orsino’s homes. His/her clever wit and singing voice keep him/her employed. The fool must walk the fine line between being funny and being insulting. The headliner of The Fools.
- Sir Toby Belch (M): Olivia’s drunken uncle. Crude and funny, he carouses with Sir Andrew and flirts with Maria. Part of The Fools.
- Maria (F): Olivia’s gentlewoman who is far from gentle. She is the mastermind of the trick the fools play on Malvolio. Part of The Fools.
- Sir Andrew Aguecheek (M): A friend of Sir Toby. Attempts to court Olivia but doesn’t stand a chance. He thinks he is witty, brave, young, and good at dancing, but is actually an idiot. Part of The Fools.
- Antonio (M): Rescues Sebastian after his shipwreck and falls in love with him.
- Fabian (Any): A latecomer to the Fools, Fabian participates in the trick played on Malvolio and seems to be the only sober member of The Fools.
- Valentine (Any): One of Orsino’s attendants.
- Curio (Any): One of Orsino’s attendants.
- Ensemble roles (Any): Sea Captain, Two Sailors, A Priest, Two Officers, Olivia’s Servant, Orsino’s Attendants
Actors of all ages and genders will be considered. Some roles will likely be doubled or tripled.
For those auditioning for the role of Feste, please also come prepared to sing your favorite 80s song – if you play an instrument please bring it along, too.
Please use our signup genius link below to reserve your audition spot today: