La Comedia Dinner Theatre in Springboro, Ohio, will be holding an open call audition for their upcoming productions of STEEPLE PEOPLE and LITTLE WOMEN, The Musical at 10:00 AM Saturday November 19, 2022 at 765 W. Central Ave., Springboro, Ohio.
Seeking Adult Men & Women (18+) who are excellent Singers and Actors for the following roles:
Rehearsals begin January 2, 2023 (9 AM-5 PM Mon-Sat)
Performances January 19 – February 12, 2023, Thurs-Sun matinees and evenings.
- Jaxson: 20’s – Tenor 1 for The Steeple People. Doesn’t understand humor or sarcasm, naive and dry. Says things in a deadpanned manner. Must sing harmonies confidently.
- Bo: 20’s – Tenor 2 for The Steeple People. Talks slow and with the thickest accent. Country boy type. Accident prone and clumsy. Must sing harmonies confidently.
- Clayton: mid 40’s-50’s – Baritone for The Steeple People. Charismatic and positive. The voice of reason in the group. Must sing harmonies confidently.
- Ira: 50-60’s – Bass for The Steeple People. Grouchy, clashes personally with other in the group. Must sing harmonies confidently.
Be prepared to sing 16 bars of a song of a gospel song appropriate to the show.
LITTLE WOMEN, THE MUSICAL
Rehearsals begin January 30, 2023 (9 AM-5 PM Mon-Sat)
Performances February 16 – March 26, 2023, Thurs-Sun matinees and evenings.
- Jo March: 20-25. Alto with strong belt. Passionate, adventurous, and brave.
- Amy March: 18-20. Mezzo-soprano. The youngest most energetic sister, has a pompous air about her.
- Meg March: mid 20’s. Mezzo-soprano. The world weary, yet hopeful, oldest sister who yearns for a great life.
- Beth March: 18-early 20’s. Mezzo-soprano. The second youngest sister. Peace maker, and an optimist who is always encouraging her sister to dream.
- Marmee March: 40-55. Alto. The girl’s mother. She is the strong backbone of the family, who is courageous in spite of the difficult odds she faces.
- Aunt March: 45-60. Alto. An over-bearing matron and the great aunt to the March sisters.
- Laurie Lawrence: 18-25. Tenor. The bright-eyed boy next door with considerable charm.
- Mr. Lawrence: 45-60. Tenor. Grandfather and the March’s next door neighbor. Stiff, stern, elderly man who shows his softer side with Beth.
- Professor Baer: 35-45. Baritone. German professor who exemplifies proper manners.
- Mr. John Brooke: 30-40. Baritone. Laurie’s tutor and a rather stiff man who shows very little emotion.
Be prepared to sing 16 bars of a song of a musical theatre song appropriate to the show.
Please provide a current headshot and resume.
Director/Choreographer is Chris Beiser.
Questions contact Kris Byerly at firstname.lastname@example.org