Cincinnati Music Theatre announces auditions for MUSIC AT THE MOVIES.
- Sunday, Nov. 13: 6 to 9 PM
- Monday, Nov. 14: 7 to 10 PM
Callbacks (if necessary): Wednesday, Nov. 16, 7 PM
Clifton United Methodist Church
3416 Clifton Ave.
Cincinnati, Ohio 45220
IN-PERSON AUDITIONS ARE BY APPOINTMENT:
Reserve your audition time by selecting a time slot at www.signupgenius.com/go/10C094DA5AB2DA6F5C70-auditions. The audition form will be emailed to you. Please print and fill out the form prior to your audition. Walk-ins are welcome and will be seen in the next available slot.
If you choose to submit a video audition, you must include all elements of the audition, including the songs, the story, and the dance combination. The deadline for video submissions will be 5 PM on Monday, Nov. 14. Submissions received after the deadline will not be considered. Please include the audition form and a copy of your resume and headshot, along with the video submission. To submit a video audition, please send all materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are committed to making this process as accessible as possible.
The dance combination will be available via video upon request a week before the audition. If you have a physical limitation that prevents you from dancing, this will not exclude you from consideration.
The callback music will also be available virtually the week before the audition. Those who reserve an audition time slot will receive an email with the access information. For those who did not reserve a slot via the SignUp Genius, please request materials by emailing: email@example.com. Printed copies of the callback materials will also be available at the audition.
ABOUT THE SHOW:
Music at the Movies is a celebration of film music from the first sound films through today. The cabaret-style program will include a wide swath of musical styles introduced by artists from Judy Garland to Common. Featured segments will include music from James Bond films, Disney classics of yesterday and today, and Oscar-winners for Best Song. The selection of songs will be influenced by the members of the cast and what songs have spoken to the performers.
The cast will consist of 7-10 singers with a variety of vocal ranges and styles. We are seeking a diverse cast in terms of race, ethnicity, age, and gender, reflecting the wide range of representation in film and music. All performers will perform as soloists and in duos and groups.
The show will be performed in Fifth Third Bank Theater at the Aronoff Center for the Arts from February 3 to 11, 2023. Rehearsals will begin in early January 2023.
PLEASE PREPARE & PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING FOR YOUR AUDITION:
- Please prepare two 16-32 bar cuts of contrasting songs from any movie that showcase your vocal range and stylistic ability. The two cuts should be:
- One ballad; One up-tempo
- One contemporary song (rock, R&B, rap, contemporary pop, or contemporary musical theatre); One traditional song (traditional pop—Garland, Sinatra, etc., jazz, or traditional musical theatre)
The words ‘contemporary’ and ‘traditional’ are intended to indicate style more than era of the song.
- Your sheet music should be in the proper key with cuts marked. An accompanist will be provided (no CD’s, tapes or a cappella numbers).
- Please be prepared to tell us about a memory of a movie and song that means something to you.
- Bring shoes and clothing appropriate for a dance audition. Dance is not a major component of the show, but we do want to see your movement ability.
- Please bring proof of your COVID-19 vaccination. We do require that the cast, crew, and production team be fully vaccinated. Masks will be required during rehearsals when not actively engaged on stage.
Directed by Brian Anderson
Produced by Katie Reindl
Music Directed by Josh Toth