Director: Derek Snow
Producers: Chad Brinkman and George Fee
- Sunday, October 16, 2022, from 7:00 PM to 9:30 PM.
- Monday, October 17, 2022, from 7:00 PM to 9:30 PM.
Callbacks (if needed)
- Wednesday, October 19, 2022, from 7:00 PM to 9:30 PM.
This production staff is committed to bringing together a diverse group of people dedicated to bringing this story to life. We encourage performers of all races, ethnicities, gender identities, sexualities, abilities, body types, and ages to audition. We hope to unite a group of people looking to enhance the arts in our community. No roles have been precast.
Performances: February 9, 2023 – February 26, 2023
Location: The Stained Glass Theatre, 802 York Street, Newport, KY 41071.
What to Prepare
Please sign-up for an audition time below. Walk-ins are welcomed but will be assigned to the first available audition slot. Video submissions will be accepted before October 17 at 5:00 PM ET. Please email video submissions to Fabulation.Footlighters@gmail.com.
We are committed to the safety of all members of this production. Please bring proof of your COVID-19 Vaccination. We do require that the cast, crew, and production team be fully vaccinated. Masks will be required during rehearsals when not actively engaged on stage.
Auditionees are asked to prepare a 1-2 minute contemporary monologue. You will also be asked to read sections from the script. Audition packets and sides will be made available before the audition dates so that auditionees will have time to fill out audition forms and prepare sides for the roles for which they are interested in being considered.
Rehearsals begin in early January but will include some meetings in mid-December for table work and early blocking concepts.
To sign up for an audition slot, go to our Sign Up Genius page: Footlighters’ Auditions for FABULATION, OR THE RE-EDUCATION OF UNDINE!
Or for more information, visit our website at: https://www.footlighters.org/auditions
Undine has it all – success, love, and a fabulous wardrobe. When her life unravels in one hilarious reversal after another, she is forced to return to a life she had long left behind. In this satirical comedy, two-time Pulitzer Prize-winner Lynn Nottage asks Undine – and all of us – whether you can really ever go home again.
Fabulation, or the Re-Education of Undine, is rated PG-13 and contains adult themes.
- Undine – A high-powered executive at a PR firm who loses everything but gains a sense of perspective in the process; a self-made woman who endures with humor and honesty.
- Grandma – Diabetic and a wheelchair user, Undine’s grandmother, has a warm demeanor but laments having lived a “perpetually gray life.”
- Father – Undine’s father resents the way Undine left her family behind.
- Hervé – Undine’s suave but dishonest husband.
- Guy – Undine’s romantic interest, whom she meets when she accidentally ends up in rehab, Guy, is an optimist and an aspiring firefighter.
- Stephie – Undine’s assistant at the PR firm.
- Flow – Undine’s brother works as a security guard and writes free-flowing hip-hop rhymes that look at the struggles of black existence and are inspired by the Brer Rabbit fable.
- Accountant – Undine’s financial advisor shares the news of her bankruptcy with her.
- Mother – Undine’s mother works as a security guard and is more willing to welcome Undine back into the family.
- Ensemble – Various additional characters weave in and out of the narrative.
Please send questions or video submissions to the following: Fabulation.Footlighters@gmail.com.