Village Players of Fort Thomas announces auditions for AIRNESS by Chelsea Marcantel.
Sunday, October 23 at 2:00pm and Monday, October 24 at 7:00 pm in the street-level Judith M. Sarakatsannis Gallery of Fine Art at 8 N. Ft. Thomas Ave., Fort Thomas. Virtual auditions will also be accepted if received by Oct 23. COVID-19 vaccination required.
Auditions will consist of readings from the script, sides provided. Auditionees are welcome to prepare a 30-second air guitar performance (not required). Resume and headshot appreciated but not required. Bring all conflicts between January 2 and March 4, 2023.
Rehearsals begin the week of January 2. Show dates are February 24-March 4, 2023.
Director: Becky Collins
Stage Manager: Rose Gibson
Producer: Katie Jensen
Each character represents one of the pillars of air guitar. This pillar is reflected in performance, song choice, approach to the competition, and personal interactions with others while in character.
All characters are in their 20s or 30s; any part can be played by an actor of any race, except: Golden Thunder, who should be an actor of color, and Facebender, who should be white. Facebender should also be older than the rest of the group by a few years. All ethnicities and genders are encouraged.
Cast of Characters:
- Ed “Shreddy Eddy” Leary: Artistic Merit (*note: shares onstage kiss with Nina)
- Gabe “Golden Thunder” Partridge: Originality (*note: takes off shirt onstage)
- Mark “Facebender” Lender: Feeling (*note: takes off pants onstage)
- Astrid “Cannibal Queen” Anderson: Technical Ability (*note: shares onstage kiss with Vicious)
- Nina “The Nina” O’Neal: Airness (*note: shares onstage kiss with Shreddy Eddy)
- David “D Vicious” Cooper: Charisma/Stage Presence (*note: shares onstage kiss with Cannibal Queen)
- Announcer/Sprite Exec/Hooded Figure— These parts are played by the same actor; sometimes their voice may be heard, without the actor being onstage.
*Actors and director will communicate about comfort levels during these scenes and adjust as needed.