Auditions for LEGALLY BLONDE JR with Acting Up
Who: Anyone 8-18 years old (and still in high school)
When: Monday, October 17 or Tuesday, October 18, 6:20-9:00 pm. Your entire audition will take about 45 minutes – 1 hour. Callbacks (for those requested) will be on Thursday, October 20 at 6:30pm.
Where: Acting Up Mason, 108 E. Church St, Mason, OH 45040
Based on the award-winning Broadway musical and the smash hit motion picture, Legally Blonde The Musical JR. is a fabulously fun journey of self-empowerment and expanding horizons. The show’s instantly recognizable songs are filled with humor, wit and sass – leaving cast members and audiences alike seeing pink!
LEGALLY BLONDE JR follows the transformation of Elle Woods as she tackles stereotypes, snobbery and scandal in pursuit of her dreams. When Elle’s boyfriend, Warner, dumps her and heads to Harvard, claiming she’s not “serious” enough, Elle takes matters into her own hands, crafting a showy song-and-dance personal essay and charming her way into law school. Befriending classmate, Emmett, and spunky hairdresser, Paulette, along the way, Elle finds that books and looks aren’t mutually exclusive. As Elle begins outsmarting her peers, she realizes that law may be her natural calling after all.
What to prepare and bring:
- Song: Be prepared to perform 32 measures (no longer than 1 minute) of any song that highlights your voice. This should be a Broadway-type song. You should sing with karaoke-type music (no vocals) downloaded on your phone, iPod, or CD. There will not be an accompanist. (Please note, no WiFi is available in our building and cell service is spotty, so please have any music pre-downloaded.)
- Monologue: You should perform a monologue no longer than 1 minute that demonstrates your acting ability.
- Dress to dance. A short piece of choreography will be taught and performed as part of the audition process.
- Audition Form: Found on our database at ActingUpdb.com. Please create an account and enter all your information, including ALL conflicts from November 6- February 19. If you already have an account, DO NOT create a new one, but make sure to update your information before printing. Bring a printed copy of the audition form, including your conflicts list, with you to your audition. Please make sure that ALL of your CONFLICTS are listed in the database and printed with your form. ALL conflicts must be reported at auditions.
- Photo: Bring a recent photo that looks like you, that you do not need returned. No need for professional photos, it is merely to help the casting board recall who is who.
Schedule: Rehearsals will begin the week of November 6, and are expected to be Monday-Thursday 6:30-9:00pm and Sundays 2:00-5:00pm. Not all actors will be called to every rehearsal. We will take a break for Thanksgiving and Christmas & New Years. Performances will be February 17-19, 2023 at the Mason Middle School Theater.
Who’s Directing?: Acting Up’s Fall Musical will be directed by Rachelle Penilla and Erin Russell. Music Direction by Jeanne Bilyeu.
Acting Up COVID protocols: We will continue to follow the recommendations of the Warren County Department of Health. Acting Up is currently mask optional.
Click here to sign up for an audition slot.