Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO) and is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion in all areas of its work, both on and offstage. Qualified individuals who bring diverse perspectives and life experiences to the workplace are especially encouraged to apply.
Job Title: After School Classes Teaching Artist
Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park seeks After School Teaching Artists for our 2022-23 Season.
The After School Classes Teaching Artist will join our pool of Teaching Artists and may be offered work teaching a variety of theatre-based afterschool classes during the 2022-23 school year. Teaching Artist may be offered work in any of the schools and organizations we serve which include locations throughout the tri-state area.
The Teaching Artist is responsible for check in and check out, teaching participants, implementing curriculum, communicating with partners onsite at the schools, mentoring Interns, as requested, and collaborating with Playhouse Education Staff and other professional artists. They are responsible for following lesson plans and maintaining a positive and exciting classroom environment.
This is a temporary, seasonal position with an hourly rate of $35. After School Teaching Artist will be paid for teaching time and 30 minutes total of entrance and exit time per day. Hours will be based on individual classes and needs of the school/partner.
This position requires travel to school and community center venues including locations throughout the tri-state area. Qualified candidates must be flexible and able to take After School Classes in a variety of locations, therefore, candidates must possess reliable transportation.
- Teach After School classes throughout the tri-state area
- Implement assigned curriculum and distribute parent guides, student surveys and shareformance flyers
- Trouble shoot challenges as arise onsite at the venue
- CPIP strives to maintain a high and unified standard of teaching. To that end, CPIP education staff may observe classes and may assemble Instructors to discuss class content and teaching methods. Instructors are expected to be reasonably available for such meetings
- May be required to meet with CPIP staff to develop and discuss curriculum
- Provide a safe learning environment by modeling positive behavior and supporting student accomplishments
- Teaching Artists may be asked to co-teach with Acting and Education Interns during any class and provide feedback to the interns following class sessions
- Other duties as assigned
Ideal Qualifications and Requirements:
- Experience in teaching Drama based Classes, with specialties including acting, improvisation, writing, character creation, etc.
- Experience teaching grade Pre-K to grade 12 students
- Experience working with students in a public and private school settings, from a variety of socio-economic backgrounds preferred
- Ability to travel to school sites throughout the tri-state area
- Energetic, responsive, flexible, creative
- Attentive to details, ability to work independently
- College graduate, or relevant experience
- Good communication skills
- Organized and able to solve problems quickly and positively
- The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift up to 25 pounds
- This employee must have reliable means of transportation
All employees are required to have received the COVID-19 vaccination unless a reasonable accommodation has been approved.
Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park continues to monitor the pandemic situation. Qualified candidates will be expected to comply with Playhouse’s health and safety plan – while at work and outside work – that continues to be updated per latest state and Federal guidelines.
The physical demands and safe working expectations described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
While this description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current position, it is not necessarily exhaustive of all responsibilities, duties, requirements, or expectations of this position. Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park reserves the right to revise or amend this description based on business needs or changes to the work environment.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and references to Ariana Moses, Education Director, at Ariana.Moses@cincyplay.com and cc Amy Stier at Amy.Stier@cincyplay.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the positions will be filled as soon as the successful candidates are identified.