Auditions for Irving Berlin’s HOLIDAY INN
Sept. 30 from 6-9pm
Oct. 1 from 11am-3pm
Rise Up Performing Arts
228 Court St
Hamilton, OH 45011
Callbacks: If necessary, October 2nd at 2:00
Auditions are by appointment. Walk-ins will be seen as time allows.
Click here to sign up for an audition slot and additional information.
Rehearsals begin: October 6th
For: Ages 8-18
Show Dates: December 9th–11th.
Show Location: Sorg Opera House
Irving Berlin’s Holiday Inn tells the story of Jim, who leaves the bright lights of show business behind to settle down on his farmhouse in Connecticut… but life just isn’t the same without a bit of song and dance. Jim’s luck takes a spectacular turn when he meets Linda, a spirited school teacher with talent to spare. Together they turn the farmhouse into a fabulous inn with dazzling performances to celebrate each holiday, from Thanksgiving to the Fourth of July. But when Jim’s best friend Ted tries to lure Linda to Hollywood to be his new dance partner, will Jim be able to salvage his latest chance at love?
Based on the classic film, this joyous musical features thrilling dance numbers, laugh-out-loud comedy and a parade of hit Irving Berlin songs, including “Blue Skies,” “Easter Parade,” “Steppin’ Out With My Baby,” “Heat Wave,” “White Christmas,” “Be Careful, It’s My Heart,” “Cheek to Cheek,” “Shaking the Blues Away” and many more!
Announcer, Nightly Dancers (Stanley, Daphne, Sawyer, Stella, Byron, Rose, Janie, Susie, Brenda, Hadley), Radio Chorus, Radio Host, Radio Voice Over, Hollywood creative team, Danny’s Mother (Voice Over), First A.D., Director, First A.D., Cameraman, Sound Man, P.A., Midville townspeople, and Holiday Inn guests.
- Jim Hardy – a performer and singer-songwriter eager to leave showbiz behind for a simpler life on a farm in Connecticut, (lyric baritone, Bb2-A4)
- Ted Hanover – Jim’s best friend and performing partner; a charming ladies’ man looking for his big break, (lyric baritone, Bb2-F4)
- Lila Dixon – a determined performer and Jim’s mismatched fiancée, (high belt, B3-E5)
- Danny – Jim, Ted and Lila’s agent.
- Charlie Winslow – a precocious bank messenger. (Eb3-C4)
- Linda Mason – a school teacher with the hidden talents of a singer and dancer. (belt/mix, G3-F5)
- Louise – the local fix-it woman; tough, no nonsense and extremely perceptive. (belt, G#3-F5)