Village Players of Fort Thomas announces auditions for HOLIDAZED – Nine new plays celebrating that hectic, happy, “most wonderful” season.
Monday, August 15 and Tuesday, August 16, 7:00 pm in the street-level Judith M. Sarakatsannis Gallery of Fine Art at 8 N. Ft. Thomas Ave., Fort Thomas. Virtual auditions will also be accepted if received by Aug. 14. COVID-19 vaccination required.
- Cold readings, sides provided.
- Resume and headshot appreciated but not required.
- Bring all conflicts between Oct. 10 and Dec. 11.
- Virtual auditions: send a video link of yourself performing (reading) these two monologues: comedy and drama, no later than 11:59 pm Sunday, August 14 to email@example.com. Attach resume and headshot if available. In the body of your email, include all conflicts between Oct. 10 and Dec. 11.
Rehearsals begin Oct. 10. Show dates are Dec. 2, 3, 4, 8, 9 & 10, 2022
Director: Angela Klocke Forbes
Assistant Director and Stage Manager: Risa Lee
Producer: Amy Waldfogle
Descriptions provide general guidelines but casting will be flexible. Actors of all ages and ethnicities are encouraged to audition. Dual role offers are possible; some will be necessary.
CHRISTMAS UNCAROL by Eric Thomas
- Scrooge – M, 50+, the traditional character in an unexpected scene.
- Narrator – Any gender, age, ethnicity. Earnest if occasionally befuddled.
- Boy – M or F, 20s, keeping it real.
GENXMAS SANTA by Bill Brohaugh and Lisa Holt
- Santa – M, 55+, the traditional character (a Boomer, if Boomers lived for centuries).
- Mrs. Claus – F, 50+, upscale and confident, a successful businesswoman (not matronly).
- Elf Leona – F, 30s–early 40s, frantic (a Millennial).
- Elf Alexa – F, any age, an offstage robotic voice.
- Winter – M, 40s-mid 50s (a Gen Xer). Cool, flashy.
MERRY WHATEVER by Teri Foltz
- Mike – M, any age, the husband. A good sport.
- Shelley – F, any age, the politically correct wife. Also a good sport.
ANGEL WINGS UNFOLDED by A.K. Forbes
- Camille – F, any age. A nervous, infrequent flyer.
- Stan – M, 40–60s. A jaded business traveler.
SANTA’S HARD ROAD TO HO by Bill Brohaugh and Lisa Holt
- Christine Hibbard – F, 45+, the principal of St. Osgood Academy. In charge.
- Jacob Burton – M, 40s–50s, a math teacher. Nerdy.
- Clarence Wellington – M, 40s–50s, an English teacher. British, stiff, full of himself.
- Fred – M, any age, the groundskeeper. Awkward and somewhat klutzy.
- Olivia – F, 30s, a secretary. Cheerful and bright, with a distinctive laugh.
A CHRISTMAS-SLASH-BIRTHDAY STORY by A.K. Forbes
- Joan – F, 60+. Unfiltered. A bit eccentric.
- Jeff – M, 38, Joan’s son. Believes he’s the straight man.
- Miranda – F, 30s, Jeff’s new girlfriend. Some kind of dancer.
- Amy Noelle – F, 30s–early 40s. Jeff’s sister. A lot eccentric.
- Albert – A hand puppet voiced by Amy Noelle. Gruff, rude, foul-mouthed.
THE 50 TH ANNUAL WINTER SNOWTACULAR by Sarah Willis
- Sam – F, 20s–30s. Romantic and clumsy.
- Jonie – F, 20s–30s. Sam’s best friend. Bright and enthusiastic.
- Taylor – F, 20s–30s. Generally bold, but shy at times
WHAT DOESN’T KILL US by Roger Collins
- Greg – M, any age. Easy going, solid. Just wants to propose.
- Nancy – F, any age. Nervous and a bit annoyed. Just wants some quiet time.
HEARING ANGEL VOICES by A.K. Forbes
- Mary – F, 20s–30s. Very pregnant. About to become the Mother of God.
- Joseph – M, 30s. Mary’s husband. A carpenter.
- Balthazar – M, 40+. A wise man.
- Melthior – M, 40+. A not-so-wise man.
For questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.