Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO) and is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion in all areas of its work, both on and offstage. Qualified individuals who bring diverse perspectives and life experiences to the workplace are especially encouraged to apply.
Job Title: Artistic Engagement Associate
The Artistic Engagement Associate is responsible for managing designated artistic and community engagement programs, creating, and facilitating post-show discussions, partner coordination and associate producer responsibilities for Artistic Engagement programs. This position works closely with the Director of Artistic Engagement and cross-departmental Community Engagement team to develop season audience and civic engagement programming.
Reports to: Director of Artistic Engagement
Starting Salary: $38,000 annually
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Serve as the Program Manager for the Outreach Tour program
- Serve as Associate Producer for:
- Outreach Tour
- Off the Grid performances and events
- Summer Performance Academies and camps
- Community Events
- Serve as the Program Manager for Community Programs:
- Coordinate the logistics, communication and serve as onsite manager for Meet up Mondays and Artist in Residence Programs
- Coordinate Community partnerships, post show discussions and lobby engagement for Main Stage season.
- Coordinate community event booths and participation for local festival events
- Act as the Education and Engagement Department liaison to Company Management, Stage Management and Production Departments
- Coordinator for in-house Casting and Artist Development programs
- Oversee department scheduling and internal communications
- Support department programs and projects as assigned
Essential Skills and Attributes
- Excellent public presentation and diplomacy with a variety of stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills – written, oral, and visual.
- Highly organized, flexible, collaborative, motivated, efficient, and a fast learner.
- While exceptionally detail-oriented, can also focus on large concepts and strategic issues.
- Able to navigate through diverse and sometimes competing priorities.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Must have a working knowledge of all aspects of the theatre – production and technical, as well as performance.
- Ability to work productively and meet deadlines in an environment of change, creative process, and rigorous time management.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- A college degree with experience in producing and/or Community Engagement practices is preferred
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office, Qlab, Vimeo, Zoom, and Google applications
- Bilingual is a plus
- Ability to work long hours and work with a flexible schedule.
- Must be willing to travel and work at various sites.
- Must be willing to work outdoors in all weather conditions while using the appropriate safety procedures.
- Occasionally ascends/descends ladders and stairs.
- Must be able to lift at least 25 lbs
The physical expectations described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
While this description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current position, it is not necessarily exhaustive of all responsibilities, duties, requirements, or expectations of this position. Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park reserves the right to revise or amend this description based on business needs or changes to the work environment.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
To Apply: Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and references to Daunielle Rasmussen, Director of Audience Engagement, at Daunielle.Rasmussen@cincyplay.com and cc Amy Stier at email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the position will be filled as soon as the successful candidate is identified. No phone calls, please.