The Drama Workshop is pleased to announce open auditions for Francine’s Will, by Mary Dattilo. The play is directed by Becky Collins and produced by C.J. Bossart.
Auditions will take place Sunday, May 15th from 6pm-9pm and Monday May 16th from 7pm-9pm at the Glenmore Playhouse, 3716 Glenmore Ave. Cheviot Oh 45211. Parking is in the Cappel’s lot on Gamble Ave., or at the metered street parking on Glenmore Ave. (Metered parking is free at the audition times.)
The 10 performances are on weekends August 5-21, 2022: Fridays and Saturdays at 8pm, and Sundays at 2pm. There is also one Thursday performance on 8/18 at 7:30pm. All productions take place at the Glenmore Playhouse, 3716 Glenmore Ave. Cheviot Oh 45211.
Rehearsals will begin mid-June. No previous experience required; all roles are open. Looking for a wide range of backgrounds, experience, and expressions.
Auditions will consist of cold readings from the script. You may be asked to stay to read with others auditioning. Please bring a list of any conflicts for the months of June through August.
All those auditioning have vaccinations up to date and be prepared to show their vaccination cards. TDW follows all current CDC requirements.
Francine Faraday dies and leaves her entire estate to her longtime companion H.P. Manly. While the loyal members of Francine’s staff are delighted, her money-hungry relatives are furious. Though the will is ironclad, the relatives find that they can inherit Francine’s fortune if H.P. dies of “natural” causes. As the family plots H.P.’s demise, the staff schemes to save him, resulting in counter-plots and mixed-up romances aplenty. Francine’s Will is a comedy in two acts.
- Arthur Jarvis (he/his) – Butler at the Faraday mansion; stage age 40s*
- Roxanne Howard (she/hers)- Francine’s secretary & companion; stage age 30s*
- Cecily Monroe (she/hers)- Francine’s maid; stage age 20s
- Lydia Lawson (she/hers)- Sister of late Francine Faraday; stage age 50-70s
- Stanley Lawson (he/his)- Lydia’s scheming son; stage age 20s
- Brenda Lawson (she/hers)- Lydia’s spoiled daughter; stage age 20s
- Chester Gregson (he/his)- Francine’s longtime attorney; stage age 50s
- Brad Somers (he/his)- Brenda’s fiancé; stage age 20-30s
- Tiffany Trevor (she/hers)- Stanley’s girlfriend; stage age 20-30s
- *engages in kiss on stage