Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO) and is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion in all areas of its work, both on and offstage. Qualified individuals who bring diverse perspectives and life experiences to the workplace are especially encouraged to apply.
Job Title: Off the Grid, Event Stage Manager
Position Overview: The Off the Grid Event Stage Manager is responsible for the overseeing of rehearsals and performances of the Off the Grid Series including managing back of house and onstage areas. The Off the Grid Stage Manager assists the director and coordinates technical elements with the Education Associate Producer for the smooth running of rehearsals and performances. This position will also be pivotal to the smooth running of the performance. Additionally, the Off the Grid Event Stage Manager makes sure that everyone and everything involved in the production from musicians, technicians, props, lighting, sound, musical instruments, and various equipment are in the right place, at the right time.
Reports to: Education Associate Producer & Director of Artistic Engagement
Starting Salary: $18.75 per hour
- Prepare for rehearsals including but not limited to organizing, cleaning, taping the production space, setting up supplies in the production space and dressing rooms, when available
- Create pre-production, rehearsal, and performance paperwork, as needed
- Lead tracking time, giving calls, and assembling actors.
- Assist in maintaining a clean and safe workplace, in line with Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park’s safety and health protocols.
- Participate loading equipment in and out, setting equipment, and maintaining consistent quality of both the technical elements and production as a whole.
- Prepare for performances including but not limited to organizing, cleaning, prepping the space, setting up supplies in the production space and dressing rooms, when available
- Other duties as assigned.
Ideal Qualifications and Skills:
- Self-motivated and detail oriented with an ability to adapt to and quickly learn new procedures.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel & Outlook.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment while keeping a positive work attitude.
- A good knowledge of stage management techniques and rehearsal/performance processes is preferred.
- Ability to interact and build relationships with people of diverse backgrounds, personalities and characteristics.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Knowledge of interactive or non-traditional events preferred
- General knowledge of multi-departmental technical theatre practices preferred.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- The work environment will be located in both climate-controlled office, interior rehearsal space, and exterior spaces that may be subject to changing weather conditions. This position may also include home-based remote work.
- Frequent standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling.
- Lift, carry, push, pull: generally, up to 25 lbs. and occasionally up to 40 lbs.
- Safely climb, ascend/descend ladders, uneven terrain, and occasional muddy areas
- Clear and accurate communication skills, especially verbally.
- Ability to speak clearly to and hear/listen to employees/clients via phone or in person.
The physical demands and safe working expectations described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations can be made available upon request.
While this description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current position, it is not necessarily exhaustive of all responsibilities, duties, requirements, or expectations of this position. Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park reserves the right to revise or amend this description based on business needs or changes to the work environment.
To Apply: Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and references to Amy Stier (firstname.lastname@example.org). Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the position will be filled as soon as the successful candidate is identified.
Access Statement: If accommodations are needed to complete this application process please contact us to make alternative arrangements.