The Drama Workshop is pleased to announce auditions for the Regional Production of Foolish Fishgirls and the Pearl, by Barbara Pease Weber. The play is directed by Rose Vanden Eynden and produced by Elaine Volker.
Auditions will take place Monday, Feb 14 from 7pm-9pm and Tuesday, Feb 15 from 7pm-9pm at the TDW annex building, 3619 Harrison Ave, 45211. Please enter from the rear entrance on Gamble Ave. Doors will open at 6:30pm each evening, parking is in the Cappel’s lot on Gamble Ave. The annex rear entrance will have signage.
The production dates are Friday, May 6 (8pm), Sat. May 7 (8pm), Sunday, May 8 (2pm); Friday, May 13 (8pm), Saturday, May 14 (8pm), Sunday, May 15 (2pm); and Thursday, May 19 (7:30pm), Friday, May 20 (8pm), Saturday, May 21 (8pm) and Sunday, May 22 (2pm). All productions take place at the Glenmore Playhouse, 3716 Glenmore Ave. Cheviot Oh 45211
Audition requirements: Please bring your one page resume and a list of any conflicts for the months of March thru May. Auditions will consist of cold readings from the script. You may be asked to stay to read with others auditioning. All those auditioning must be fully vaccinated and be prepared to show their vaccination cards. TDW follows all current CDC requirements. All staff and those auditioning will be required to wear masks. Audition forms can be requested ahead of time by contacting the producer at email@example.com.
Former deep sea divas, Coral and Oceana, didn’t exactly have the “happily ever after” storybook lives that the two erstwhile mermaids dreamed of when they rescued their handsome young sailors and swam ashore thirty years ago. Talk about unhappy endings! When Coral and Oceana learn of a mermaid rescue involving a young Coast Guard Lieutenant whose car went off a nearby bridge, they dive into action to find the young, innocent mermaid and warn her about the perils and pitfalls of falling in love with mortal men who abscond with your gems, leaving you penniless with a broken heart and two skinny legs. Foolish Fishgirls and The Pearl is a feisty fairytale about a mermaid’s life on dry land after true love is found, lost and found again. And, like Coral, Oceana and Marina, you may find that “happily ever after” is closer than you think!
- CORAL (late 40-50s) A flat broke, snowbound, middle-aged former mermaid and co-owner of Sea Hags, a ramshackle bed and breakfast at the New Jersey seashore.
- FLOYD (mid 50s-early 60s) A breakfast patron of Sea Hags.
- OCEANA (late 40s-50s) Coral’s sister and co-owner of Sea Hags, also a former broken hearted mermaid.
- MARINA (late 40s-50s) Coral and Oceana’s hoity-toity former mermaid cousin
- SHEILA (40s-50s) The town Police Chief, Dog Catcher, Public Works Commissioner and Justice of the Peace.
- PEARL (early to mid-20’s) a mermaid: beautiful, graceful, like a dancer. Doesn’t speak much, but must be able to move well, convey emotions through body language, and feel comfortable in minimal clothing, like a swimsuit, bodysuit, etc.
- NATHAN (mid 20s-30s) A handsome young Coast Guard Lieutenant who is rescued by Pearl.