Two years ago, Mason Community Players was in rehearsal for You Have the Right to Remain Dead. Undaunted by the delay, MCP will produce the show this May. Some cast members are still able to fill the roles they left so long ago, but many have been unable to return to take the stage. Director Tess Catlin is holding auditions for seven of the show’s roles.
Auditions will be held
- Friday, February 11, 2022 from 6:00 to 8:00 PM and
- Saturday, February 12, 2022 from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM
at the Mason Community Playhouse, 5529 Mason Road in Mason.
Auditions will consist of cold readings from the script.
You Have the Right to Remain Dead is a mystery-comedy that traces the antics of Fat Daddy’s rich and conniving family. They are all suspects in his murder and it is up to the police (and the audience) to solve the case. Everyone will be guessing until the final clue, the murderer, and the victim are revealed.
The show will be presented May 6, 7, 12, 13 & 14 at 8:00 PM and May 8 at 2:00 PM.
Descriptions of the available roles are listed below and also accessible on the Mason Players web site at masonplayers.org.
Roles that need to be filled include:
- HARNELL CHESTERTON – male, 30s or 40s, a pompous narrator, always speaks his mind
- BLANCHE La TOURE – female, 40s, a frazzled director
- OFFICER BAINBRIDGE – male, 30s, a seasoned police detective
- TRUDY MARSH – female, teens or early 20s, the ultimate stage manager/techie
- AJAX CONROY/CLETE/MAN 3 – male, 20s-30s, not too bright
- LEIGH DORSETT/HYACINTH – female, 20s or 30s, business-like
- STEVE RANDALL/EARL/MAN 2 – male, 20s, newcomer to the group
Questions should be addressed to Tess Catlin, firstname.lastname@example.org.