Director Steve Dietrich is seeking 4 men and 4 women for the Jones, Hope, Wooten hit farce, FARCE OF HABIT.
Auditions are Monday December 13 and Wednesday December 15 at 7:00 pm at the Barn in the Park.
Auditions will consist of cold readings from the script. Please note there will NOT be auditions on Tuesday December 14th due to a theatre board meeting.
The absurdly funny show takes us to the Reel ’Em Inn, the finest little fishing lodge in the Ozarks. D. Gene, is looking forward to a peaceful weekend on the lake. But his wife is trying to kick caffeine, his son’s marriage to Jenna is falling apart, and his sister is caught up in a bizarre undercover police assignment. Add a gaggle of nuns who’ve converged on the Inn, a nationally known relationship guru whose colossal ego threatens everyone’s sanity staying the weekend, a shy man anxious to cut loose and embrace his “inner caveman” and a couple of wild women who may or may not be who they claim to be – throw in the storm of the century that’s fast bearing down on Mayhew, Arkansas – and D. Gene has no prayer of baiting a hook any time soon.
- Wanelle Wilburn – 40s to 60s – with her husband D. Gene, runs the Reel ‘Em Inn fishing lodge. Has decided to give up caffeine cold turkey with a lodge full of crazy characters for the weekend, and a serial killer on the loose.
- D. Gene Wilburn – 40s to 60s – runs the Reel ‘Em Inn fishing lodge- just wants a quiet weekend to relax. And a chance to keep away from his worse fear – nuns.
- Maxine Wilburn Sugs – 50s to 60s – D. Gene’s older sister. Local cop who is going undercover to infiltrate a biker gang.
- Jock McNair – age flexible – radio personality, escaping to the quiet lodge to finish up his upcoming book and hide from his estranged wife.
- Jenna Wilburn – 20s to early 30s – the Wilburn’s daughter in law, Jenna is trying to keep herself together while her marriage is seemingly falling apart
- Ty Wilburn – 20s to early 30s – D Gene and Wanelle’s son, recently married, and has a secret that keeps him out late at night and coming home happier than he has ever been. Will dress in outlandish costumes, including a can-can dress.
- Huddle Fisk – age flexible – an shy guy from Ohio who is anxious to cut loose.
- Sister Myrtle Agnes – age flexible – part of the group of nuns at the lodge during retreat, she vows to help everyone break any bad habits they might have.
- Barb Stratton – age flexible, Jock’s estranged wife, she comes looking for him to make sure she is getting everything she is due during the divorce.
This is a fast paced, high energy, physical show. Most actors will need to be able to run around the stage and possibly the theatre, and perform other physical comedy bits throughout the play. Maxine, D Gene, Wanelle, Jenna, and Ty will need an Arkansas accent.
Performances are March 4-6, 11-13, 2022. Shows are Fridays and Saturdays at 8 pm and Sundays at 2 pm. There is a cast and crew meet and greet with the audience at Moeller Brew Barn in Troy after the show March 6th.