The Carnegie Announces Cast for Production of THE SOUND OF MUSIC
Beloved musical to be performed weekends Jan. 29 – Feb. 13, 2022
COVINGTON, KY – The Carnegie is pleased to announce the cast and production team for THE SOUND OF MUSIC, playing weekends Jan. 29 – Feb. 13, 2022. Set in Austria 1938, THE SOUND OF MUSIC tells the story of an exuberant young governess as she brings music and joy back to a broken family… Only to face danger as the Nazis gain power.
Featuring an iconic score, THE SOUND OF MUSIC features performances of several classic tunes including “My Favorite Things,” Sixteen Going on Seventeen” and “Climb Every Mountain.” This family-friendly favorite shares a meaningful story in a setting enjoyable for all ages.
- Maria Rainer – Abigail Tucker
- The Mother Abbess/Admiral Von Schreiber – Helen Anneliesa Raymond-Goers
- Sister Berthe/Frau Schmidt – Ollice Spaulding
- Sister Margaretta/Frau Zeller – Jessica Zylstra
- Sister Sophia/Baroness Elberfeld – Sally Modzelewski
- Captain Georg Von Trapp – Evan Koons
- Franz – Sean P. Mette
- Rolf – Andrew Burke
- Elsa Schraeder/Nun ensemble – Claire Lopatka
- Max Detweiler – Jeremiah Plessinger
- Herr Zeller/Ensemble – Chris Bishop
- Liesl – Alyssa Hart
- Friedrich – Javier Beatty
- Louisa – Arabella Bertucci
- Kurt – Desmond Hutchens
- Brigitta – Gracie Manning
- Marta – Maggie Zink
- Gretl – Lila Rogers
- Director/Choreographer – Leslie Goddard Baum
- Assistant Choreographer – Nathan Goodlett
- Music Director – Steve Goers
- SM – Morgan Becker
- Assistant Director – Hannah Gregory
- ASM/Props – Erin Caudill
- Costume Design – Beth Joos
- Scenic Designer – Tyler Gabbard
- Sound Designer – Eric Bardes
- Lighting Design – Baron Leon
- Technical Director – Alicia Rhodus
- Maggie Perrino – Producer
CONTENT ADVISORY: This is a family-friendly production. Appropriate for all ages.
WHEN: Playing weekends Jan. 29 – Feb. 13, 2022
- Saturday, Jan. 29 at 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, Jan. 30 at 3 p.m.
- Friday, Feb. 4 at 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, Feb. 5 at 2 and 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, Feb. 6 at 3 p.m.,
- Friday, Feb. 11 at 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, Feb. 12 at 2 and 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, Feb. 13 at 3 p.m.
WHERE: The Carnegie | 1028 Scott Boulevard | Covington, KY 41011
For the safety of guests and staff, event attendees are requested to wear a mask while inside of The Carnegie. This policy will be updated according to local and state health ordinances as needed.
The 2021-22 Carnegie Theatre Series is presented by the Otto M. Budig Family Foundation. Additional support comes from the Kentucky Department of Tourism.
About The Carnegie: The Carnegie is Northern Kentucky’s largest multidisciplinary arts venue providing theatre events, educational programs and art exhibitions to the Northern Kentucky and Greater Cincinnati community. The Carnegie facility is home to The Carnegie Galleries, the Otto M. Budig Theatre, and the Eva G. Farris Education Center. More information about The Carnegie is available at www.thecarnegie.com or by calling (859) 491-2030.
The Carnegie receives ongoing operating support from Cincinnati International Wine Festival, The Greater Cincinnati Foundation, Kenton County Fiscal Courts, the Kentucky Arts Council and the City of Covington. The Carnegie is also supported by the generosity of more than 40,000 contributors to the ArtsWave Community Campaign.