Loveland Stage Company announces casting call for HELLO DOLLY!
Book by Michael Stewart and Music and Lyrics by Jerry Herman
Directed by Gregory Carl Smith and Produced by Micheal Kiser-Harris
- Saturday Dec 4 from Noon-3pm
- Monday Dec 6 from 6-9pm
- Tuesday Dec 7 from 6-9pm.
at 111 South Second Street (Route 48)
Loveland Ohio 45140
Performance dates are March 4-6, 11-13 & 18-20, 2022
Please bring a list of conflicts from December 28, 2021 thru March 20, 2022..
Absolutely NO conflicts from February 20, – March 20, 2022.
Please go to https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C044FA4AE2BAAF58-hello to select a date and time for your audition.
Come prepared with a song: 32 bars of music in the style of a Broadway Musical. Please, no songs from the show.
Dance audition requires proper attire. Bring tap shoes if you tap – no flip flops, please.
Please be prepared to read from the script.
Resumes and headshots are not required.
Character Descriptions for Hello, Dolly!
- Dolly Levi: Matchmaker, widow, meddler, opportunist, life-loving, commanding, strong stage presence. Stage age: 35-50. Vocal range: alto-soprano. Dance ability: some.
- Horace Vandergelder: Well-known half-a-millionaire, widower, owns the Feed Store, gruff, set in his ways, authoritative. Stage age: 40-60. Vocal range: baritone. Dance ability: some.
- Cornelius Hackl: Head clerk at the Feed Store, energetic, enthusiastic, and adventurous. Stage age: 30-35. Vocal range: baritone. Dance ability: strong.
- Barnaby Tucker: Assistant to Cornelius at the Feed Store, naïve, energized, follower. Stage age: 17-20. Vocal range: baritone. Dance ability: strong.
- Irene Molloy: Owns the Hat Shop, widow, beautiful, smart, fun-loving. Stage age: 30-35. Vocal range: soprano. Dance ability: strong.
- Minnie Fay: Irene’s assistant, naïve, straight laced, fresh, follower. Stage age: 17-20. Vocal range: mezzo-soprano. Dance ability: strong.
- Ambrose Kemper: Struggling artist, good-natured, accommodating, wants to marry Ermengarde. Stage age: 19-23. Vocal range: tenor. Dance ability: strong.
- Ermengarde: Horace’s niece, whining, high-strung, wants to marry Ambrose. Stage age: 17-20. Vocal range: any. Dance ability: strong.
- Ernestina: Accommodating, good-time girl. Stage age: 30-45. Vocal range: any. Dance ability: none.
- Rudy: Maitre’d of the Harmonia Gardens, proper, commanding. Stage age: 40-60. Vocal range: bass. Dance ability: some.
- Waiters and Chorus Members: Stage age: 15-70. Vocal range: all vocal types. Dance ability: none to strong. chorus.