(PART-TIME / FULL-TIME / CONTRACTUAL)
The Children’s Theatre of Cincinnati’s mission is to educate, entertain and engage audiences of all ages through professional theatrical productions and arts education programming. We fulfill our mission through three primary programs:
- TCT MainStage at the Taft Theatre
- TCT On Tour
- TCT Academy
Vision: To awaken a lifelong love of theatre in children and the young at heart.
- We believe in the power of theatre to enrich lives and create deeper understandings of people, cultures, and perspectives.
- We believe that our audiences deserve high-quality experiences that are rich with wonder, honesty, compassion, joy, and wisdom.
- We believe that the arts and education are not mutually exclusive.
- We believe that the art we create must respect the diversity of our community.
- We believe in the power of integrated arts education to enrich our lives and our communities.
TCT is looking for experienced Theatre Teaching Artists with skills to facilitate artist enrichment for students Pre-K – 12th grade. This position will introduce students to new artistic disciplines, art forms, perspectives, and skills in a wide range of settings.
- Conduct hands-on, engaging artistic activities for schools in the Cincinnati tri-state area.
- Each program will have a final culminating experience that you would facilitate.
- Communicate with school staff and parents on a regular basis throughout the duration of the program.
- Available for after school programing between the hours of 3 pm and 6 pm Monday through Friday
- COVID-19 vaccination verification.
- Reliable transportation to and from venues.
- 2-3 years of experience in the classroom or similar setting
Qualified candidates should submit whatever they feel best reflects their qualifications. This can come in the form of a video, cover letter/resume, portfolio, and/or demo reels. (Files should be less than 3MB in total, links are welcome). No phone calls, please.
Please submit materials and any references by Wednesday, October 29, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subject Line: TEACHING ARTIST SUBMISSION
The Children’s Theatre of Cincinnati believes the stories on our stages and the work we do behind the scenes must reflect the diverse communities we serve. We believe inclusive work cultures spark wide-ranging, exploratory conversations and learning. Therefore, we strongly welcome and encourage people from all backgrounds, identities, abilities, and ages to apply as we continue our commitment to diversity and build an inclusive environment at TCT.