Open auditions for Sunset Players’ production of DRINKING HABITS by Tom Smith, directed by Dan Hawkins, to be held:
- Sunday, October 10th at 7pm
- Monday, October 11th at 7pm
- Wed, October 13th at 7pm
Several roles are still open. Please see us at Wednesday, October 13th at 7 PM at The Arts Center at Dunham, 1945 Dunham Way, Cincinnati, OH 45238. Or email Dan Hawkins at firstname.lastname@example.org for other arrangements.
The Arts Center at Dunham, 1945 Dunham Way, Cincinnati, OH 45238.
Performance dates are Feb 18, 19, 25, 26, 27 and March 3, 4 and 5, 2022
All shows are at 8PM, except Thursday at 7:30 PM and Sunday at 3 PM
Read through or two in December. Rehearsals begin early January.
Accusations, mistaken identities, and romances run wild in this traditional, laugh-out-loud farce. Two nuns at the Sisters of Perpetual Sewing have been secretly making wine to keep the convent’s doors open, but Paul and Sally, reporters and former fiancées, are hot on their trail. They go undercover as a nun and priest, but their presence, combined with the addition of a new nun, spurs paranoia throughout the convent that spies have been sent from Rome to shut them down. Wine and secrets are inevitably spilled as everyone tries to preserve the convent and reconnect with lost loves.
The cast of eight consists of three men and five women.
The age range listed with the characters is a suggested age range. It does not mean that the actor must be within that age range.
- Sister Philamena (F) – Age range: any. One of the three nuns who live at the Sisters of Perpetual Sewing convent. Has secretly been making wine for several years with Sister Augusta in order to keep the convent open. Both Sister Philamena and Sister Augusta are devout and are dedicated to their calling. They are also joyful and humorous.
- Sister Augusta (F) – Age range: any. One of the three nuns who live at the Sisters of Perpetual Sewing convent. Has secretly been making wine for several years with Sister Philamena in order to keep the convent open. Both Sister Philamena and Sister Augusta are devout and are dedicated to their calling. They are also joyful and humorous.
- George (M) – Age range: 20s to early 40s. Caretaker and gardener at the convent. George isn’t dumb but he isn’t the brightest person either.
- Mother Superior (F) – Age range: 40s to early 60s. Has been in charge of the Sisters of Perpetual Sewing for many years. Hates alcohol, especially wine. Somewhat wily.
- Paul (M) – Age: Plays 24. Newspaper reporter. Co-worker and former fiancé of Sally. Paul is an orphan. He’s a good writer, but his conscience sometimes gets in the way of his reporting. Actor must be willing to wear a nun’s habit
- Sally (F) – Age range: 20s to 30s. Award-winning newspaper reporter. Used to be engaged to Paul. Left him standing at the altar on their wedding day to cover and important story. Quick witted and sometimes sharp tongued.
- Sister Mary Catherine (F) – Age: Plays 24. A novice nun sent to the convent to finish her training. Meek and timid.
- Father Chenille (M) – Age range: 40s to 60s. Priest of the local parish that the convent is next to. Patient, understanding, and a little clumsy.
Auditions will involve cold readings from the script. A head shot will be appreciated, but not required. Rehearsals begin in December.
If you cannot make the audition dates and are interested in a role, contact Dan Hawkins at email@example.com to schedule an alternate audition.