Title: Front of House and Operations Associate
Reports to: Front of House and Operations Manager
About the Cincinnati Shakespeare Company
The Cincinnati Shakespeare Company (CSC) is a resident ensemble theatre company bringing Shakespeare and the Classics to life for audiences of all ages. Operating out of The Otto M. Budig Theater, CSC hosts a year-round theatrical season in addition to special events, educational programming, and outreach efforts. In its theatrical portfolio, CSC executes up to 10 mainstage productions and 6 touring productions annually. Beyond its theatrical portfolio, CSC supports collaborations with many local community and arts organizations.Diversity and inclusion are priorities of the Cincinnati Shakespeare Company. CSC strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, sex, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or any other legally protected classification.
The Front of House and Operations (FOHO) Associate will collaborate closely with the FOH and Operations Manager in overseeing all aspects of the facility operations, maintenance, and management as well as additional duties such as box office work and bar inventory. The FOHO Associate will manage communication with vendors and cleaning services and complete duties needed to upkeep the building and support events taking place within the building. The FOHO Associate will be a main point of contact for companies that supply services such as plumbing, electric, HVAC, etc. Other duties such as day-to-day box office assistance and performance support such as House Management or FOH support will be included in the Associate’s weekly schedule as needed.The Front of House and Operations Associate is a full time position. Most hours will take place inside of the Otto M. Budig theatre. Additional duties will be performed at other locations such as our warehouse or tour company house.
The ideal candidate:
- Organized and confident in their ability to complete tasks in timely fashion
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and can process information on the fly.
- Possesses an innate curiosity and willingness to learn.
- Enjoys working collaboratively but also takes initiative to work independently.
- Has understanding and proficiency in communication with vendors and service providers
- Has some knowledge of facilities maintenance
- Maintain a clean environment within the physical plant and the surrounding outside areas.
- Coordinate CSC property repairs and improvements.
- Contract, Schedule, and steward vendor relationships including cleaning services, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, roofing, pest control, laundry facilities, elevators, etc.
- Execute light and maintenance-level janitorial responsibilities, trash management, and minor repair or improvement work.
- Manage of exterior areas of CSC property, including mulching, trash pick-up, mowing, snow removal, salting, tree trimming, etc.
- Create a preventative maintenance schedule includes HVAC inspections, cleaning of theatre upholstery, deep cleaning of facility, shampooing of carpets, etc.
- Participate in walk-throughs with fire department or other inspectors and follow-up on issues and solutions.
- Oversee security systems including cameras, alarm systems, and respond first if any alarms are triggered.
- Issue electronic fobs and metal keys to employees as required for their job.
- Attend meetings to assess facility use, schedule cleaning services, and coordinate room set-ups for events and meetings.
- Schedule and manage move-ins and outs of company housing.
- Arrange annual professional cleaning of company house and liaise with landlord on necessary housing repairs.
- Order and coordinate delivery of dumpster for close of each production.
- Repairs or delegation of repairs on tour company van.
- Collaborate with other CSC team members on facility operations, management, and maintenance.
Box Office/Bar/Events – 20%
- Assist in day-to-day box office duties such as phone calls, ticket sales, and other simple box office obligations.
- Work educational matinee as House Manager when scheduled, assist in cleaning the theatre before and after performance as well as coordinate with Education Director on load In/out of students for show.
- Potentially work production nights as House Manager when needed if FOH Manager is unable to attend.
- Take weekly inventory of bar and send report to FOH Manager in excel sheet.
- Order bar inventory as needed for production weeks through supplied vendors.
- Ensure bar is cleaned weekly and all facilities within bar are clean and in working order for performances.
- Execute or manage the set-up and break down of physical spaces for special events, including but not limited to: rentals, opening night donor events, corporate sponsor events, one off donor/patron events, engagement and outreach events, and fundraisers, gala.
- Restore rooms after events and rentals including trash management, striking any furnishings or AV equipment used, providing any necessary maintenance-level janitorial, and doing laundry of CSC-owned linens.
- Serve as an emergency point of contact for long-term rental tenant.
- Collaborate with the Director of Development and other team members to improve overall aesthetics and delivery of rental and special events.
Compensation & BenefitsThis is a full time, hourly position with range of $13-$15 per hour (received through biweekly payroll). In addition to this wage, the FOHO Associate receives:
- Ten days of paid vacation, accrued seasonally.
- Six days of paid sick leave, accrued seasonally.
- Paid holiday leave.
- Access to group health insurance through Anthem with 50% of employee premiums paid by CSC.
- Optional enrollment in Health Savings Account plan.
- Access to dental insurance through Dental Care Plus with 50% of employee premiums paid by CSC.
- Life and AD&D coverage for the employee paid by CSC.
- Parental leave, short-term medical leave.
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with employer match.
- Free access to CSC educational programming for dependents (Groundlings Junior, Groundlings, Summer Camp).
- Complimentary enrollment and membership to the Y which offers fitness facilities throughout the region and other wellness benefits.
- Complimentary and discounted tickets to all CSC productions.
Equal Opportunity Employer
CSC is proudly pluralistic and committed to providing equal opportunity for outstanding humans. CSC actively seeks nominations of applications from qualified individuals, from the broadest possible community, and is interested in receiving applications from individuals who enhance the diversity of its work force.
To apply visit www.cincyshakes.com/job-advertisement-foh-and-operations-2021/ and scroll down to apply.