PRISCILLA QUEEN OF THE DESERT the Musical
Book by Stephan Elliott and Allan Scott
Based on the Latent Image/Specific Films Motion Picture
Distributed by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Inc.
- Sunday, July 25, 2021, 3:00- 10:00 p.m.
- Monday, July 26, 2021, 7:00-10:00 p.m.
Call backs will be held Wednesday, July 27 at 7:00 p.m.
LOCATION: Clifton United Methodist Church, 3416 Clifton Avenue, Cincinnati, OH
AUDITIONS ARE BY APPOINTMENT: Please reserve your audition time at https://www.signupgenius.com/go/70A0E4EAEAA22A64-priscilla. Please print and fill out the audition form prior to your audition. Walk-ins are welcome and will be seen in the next available slot.
PLEASE PREPARE & PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING FOR YOUR AUDITION:
- 16-32 bars of a Broadway-style song that showcases your vocal range.
- Sheet music in the proper key with cuts marked. An accompanist will be provided (no CD’s, tapes or a cappella numbers).
- Shoes and clothing appropriate for a dance audition
- A copy of your resume and headshot.
- Proof of Covid – 19 Vaccination
ABOUT THE SHOW:
Based on the Oscar-winning film and powered by a disco beat, this wildly fresh and funny musical is the hilarious adventure of three friends, two drag queens and a transsexual woman, who hop aboard a battered old bus named Priscilla, that is bound for Alice Springs in the middle of Australia to put on the show of a lifetime. With a dazzling array of outrageous costumes and a hit parade of dance floor favorites including “It’s Raining Men,” “I Will Survive,” “Hot Stuff,” “Boogie Wonderland,” “Go West,” “Girls Just Wanna Have Fun,” and “I Love The Nightlife,” their epic journey is a heart-warming story of self-discovery, sassiness and acceptance.
CMT is looking for a large, diverse cast for this production. BIPOC and LGBTQ+ performers are encouraged to audition. All roles are open.
These roles include:
- Bernadette – an older transsexual woman and former showgirl has little patience for prejudiced or bullying. Must sing and dance well.
- Tick – caught between the life of a drag queen and his undiscovered life as husband and father. His personal journey centers on self-discovery and the resolution of his inner conflict. Must sing well.
- Adam – a young, gay drag queen who makes his way through life by manipulating his mother into giving him money, antagonizing other people, and making a spectacle of himself. A strong singer and dancer.
- Bob – an aging mechanic who rescues Priscilla, the stranded tour-bus and her motley crew. Bob is very down to earth upon encountering our unlikely trio and responds to them with nonchalant respect.
- The Divas – Three powerhouse singers who serve as a kind of Greek chorus and belt out show stopping renditions of “It’s Raining Men” “I Will Survive” “Go West” and “MacArthur Park” among others.
- Shirley – A lonely older bar keeper who is looking for love and sings a hilarious version of “I Love The Nightlife”
- Marion – Tick’s wife who runs the casino where the three are headed to perform.
- Cynthia – Bob’s Filipino wife who performs a sexy nightclub routine at the local bar, much to Bob’s embarrassment. Must be able to sing and dance well.
- Miss Understanding – A drag queen who does a terrific “live” Tina Turner.
- Jimmy – A sophisticated aborigine who makes his living by wearing native garb and posing for pictures with tourists.
- Ensemble- An ensemble of sixteen men and women who are the backbone of the show. This high energy ensemble of strong singers and dancers appear in a dozen numbers in the show.
Priscilla Queen of The Desert opens November 12 and runs through November 20, 2021 at Aronoff Center Jarson-Kaplan Theater. Rehearsals will begin September 1.
Priscilla Queen of The Desert is produced by Kathy Beiting and directed by Skip Fenker with choreography by Mike Fielder, music direction by Kendra Struthers, and fabulous costuming by Elaine Michael and Catherine Ross. Priscilla Queen of the Desert is presented by special arrangement with Theatrical Rights Worldwide.