WE’RE BACK!! It’s time for auditions for our fall show: THE IMPORTANCE OF BEING EARNEST!
A trivial comedy for serious people, by Oscar Wilde
Directed by Steve Phelan
This theater classic features some of the wittiest dialogue ever written (and a chance to brush up your British accent!). Two young gentlemen bend the truth in order to put some excitement into their lives. John has invented a brother, Earnest, whom he uses as an excuse to leave his dull country life behind to visit the girl he adores in London. Algernon takes the name Earnest to secretly visit John’s beautiful young ward in the country. Things go awry when they all end up together one fateful afternoon.
2:00 pm on Sunday, July 18 and 7:30 pm on Monday, July 19
Cherry Grove United Methodist Church
1428 Eight Mile Road
Cincinnati OH 45255
NOTE: For the safety of our patrons, cast, and crew, all participants in this show will be required to be vaccinated before the start of rehearsals.
Five Performances: November 5-13 at the Anderson Center Theater
Auditions will consist of cold readings from the script.
CHARACTERS: 5 men, 4 women.
- John Worthing: The country lover. Late 20s to 30s.
- Algernon Moncrieff: The city lover. Mid 20s to 30s.Reve
- \rend Canon Chasuble: 50s +
- Merriman: Butler; 20s +
- Lane: Manservant; 20s +
- Lady Bracknell: A dragon of a dowager. 50s+
- Honorable Gwendolen Fairfax: The city love interest; Mid 20s to 30s.
- Cecily Cardew: The 18 year old country ward
- Miss Prism: Governess; A prim woman, 50s +
Questions?Actors: for questions and/or a copy of the script, email email@example.com
Techs: for questions and/or a copy of the script, email firstname.lastname@example.org