Auditions will be made BY APPOINTMENT this year at Ridgeway Elementary School (267 Wasserman Rd Hamilton, OH, 45013) during the following times for incoming 7th-graders through graduating high school seniors:
- May 6th – 5:00-8:30 PM
- May 8th – 10:00-11:00 AM
You can book a time slot on our website (coming very soon!)
- July 15th – 7:00 PM
- July 16th – 7:00 PM
- July 17th – 2:00 PM AND 7:00 PM
Meredith Willson’s six-time, Tony Award-winning musical comedy follows fast-talking traveling salesman, Harold Hill, as he cons the people of River City, Iowa, into buying instruments and uniforms for a boys’ band that he vows to organize – this, despite the fact that he doesn’t know a trombone from a treble clef. His plans to skip town with the cash are foiled when he falls for Marian, the librarian.
TO AUDITION FOR THE CAST
How to Prepare:
- Sign up for an audition slot on the Encore Website (coming soon!)
- Prepare a 1 minute cut of a classic musical theatre song that best shows your vocal range.
- Choose a song that reflects the style of this show.
- If you are interested in a particular role, it is highly recommended that you prepare a cut from a song of your choice that reflects the character you are aiming for. You are welcome to choose a song from Music Man.
- You will need to bring sheet music or a vocal track to sing to at your audition. Sheet music should be double-sided and hole punched in a binder. The track can be a recording or a karaoke track from youtube/Spotify/etc.
- Note: Tracks should NOT have any background vocals.
- The dance combo will be posted here and on our website for you to study before auditions. It does not need to be memorized beforehand, but you should plan on being familiar with the combination, as the dance portion will be shorter than in the past.
What to Expect on Audition Day:
- Auditions and Callbacks (if needed) will take place at Ridgeway Elementary [267 Wasserman Rd, Hamilton, OH 45013].
- Plan on arriving 15 minutes early to your time slot to fill out any paperwork, and staying for about 1 hour.
You should bring:
- Your calendar and be prepared to list any known or potential conflicts based on the tentative schedule below.
Movement clothing and shoes for the dance – you will not need to change for singing.
- Your sheet music or a device to play your track on will be plugged into a speaker.
- You will go to the vocal room with your group and sing one-by-one, then as a group move to the dance room to review the dance before performing it.
- Callbacks will be by invite-only, and will take place on Saturday, May 8, at 2:00pm. You will be notified before you leave if you need to return for callbacks.
The Cast & Crew list will be sent out by May 13th via email. You will need to reply to the email, either accepting or declining your role, by May 21.
The first rehearsal will take place on Monday, May 24.
For addition information visit their Facebook event.