CMT Wants YOU!
Cincinnati Music Theatre is seeking director submissions for our 21-22 Studio Series season! We are looking for directors and artists from diverse backgrounds who are interested in amplifying marginalized voices and bringing fresh perspectives to timely stories.
Our Studio Series has traditionally consisted of small-cast book musicals and original cabarets. However, we would love to see your pitches of music-oriented pieces of any variety. For example:
- original small-cast musicals
- original cabaret shows
- musical revues
- concert editions of full musicals
- storytelling pieces that include dance, poetry, instrumental music, etc.
There will be a budget available to procure performance rights for licensed works, or to pay an arranger to help create original works. If you have an idea for a piece but aren’t sure if it might fit what we’re looking for, please reach out and ask. We are limited by the nature of the performance space to small casts and minimal tech requirements, but may be able to accommodate flexible staging and seating arrangements. We are also limited in the number of “pit” musicians we can have to accompany singers.
Please include in your pitch:
- a title and summary for your show, particularly for original works
- logistical requirements for cast size, tech needs, musician needs
- the names of anyone you may have in mind to fill out your production staff
- the artistic vision you have for your show, and ideas about how you might incorporate conscious casting, dramaturgical work, unconventional staging, and other creative elements to tell a story that speaks to today’s audiences
Please send your pitches by April 16, 2021 to email@example.com or by responding to this email.
Questions? Ask VP Creative, Kendra Struthers at the above email address, or call 513-652-2826.
We look forward to hearing from you!
– CMT Creative Committee
Please note that CMT is an all-volunteer group, and there is no compensation for staff, actors, tech, or musicians.