Cincinnati, OH – Following up it’s virtual productions of Hamlet and The Virtual Theatre Festival earlier in the fall, The Walnut Hills High School Theatre Department is back on its stage and on your screen with their senior high musical, Songs For a New World.
The show will be livestreamed from the Walnut Hills auditorium March 4-6, @ 7 p.m.
“We had hoped to be welcoming back small live audiences by this point, but unfortunately, that is not reality yet,” says director Mike Sherman. “Still, we’re giving you as close to a live theatre experience as possible with being able to watch the show in your home live as it happens on stage in real time.”
Songs For a New World, by esteemed Broadway composer Jason Robert Brown (Parade, The Bridges of Madison County), is a song cycle of 16 independent stories told entirely through song. From immigrants sailing to the new world, to a kid growing up in Brooklyn with dreams of becoming a basketball star, to a couple taking a second chance at love, the songs span a diverse cast of characters throughout different periods of space and time. Whether dramatic, tragic, or comedic; all of the stories and songs in the show are tied together by the common themes of change, love, hope, and resolve.
This production and the entire WHHS Theatre Season is graciously sponsored by the Walnut Hills High School Class of 1964 Performing Arts Fund.
Featuring cast members Katie Berich, Nadyaa Betts, Maya Busche, Olivia Busche, Lily Canter, Lily Clark, Sophia Cotton-Riker, Sunny Dighe, Gabe Donnelly, Kyra Doty, Avery Frank, Jack Giglia, Chloe Goodman, Clare Graff, Diana Hutchinson, Lily Jones, Adeleigh Karoutchi, Isabella Lachey, Josie Leanza, Lizzy Reber, Ella Vaughn, and Anika Vockell.
- Directed by Mike Sherman
- Music Director: Steve Goers
- Choreographer: Maggie Perrino
- Student Choreographer: Lily Jones
- Orchestra Conductor: Rick Canter
- Technical Director: Helen A. Raymond-Goers
- Scenic Designer: Ella Knellinger
- Stage Manager: Sarah Mansfield
- Assistant Stage Manager: Jamiera Jones and Lucia Johns
- Costume Designer: Sadie Gray
- Lighting Designer: JP Oberst
- Makeup Designer: Laurel Price
- Props Designer: Keziah Wilkins
- Sound Designer: John Arora