Step One: The director will submit in writing, a short (60 words or less), summary of the action
of the play or musical. Following the summary, the director will describe his or her background in the theater and explain their unique qualifications for directing their play. Proposals for the coming season (June 1, 2021 thru May 31, 2022) must be submitted in writing to the board by May 31, 2021 to be assured consideration for the season.
Step Two: If the director’s proposal is approved, the director will complete a detailed production plan and submit the plan to the board, in person, for their approval. An example of a production plan is as follows:
- List all the characters in the play or musical and give a brief description of their age and type.
- What is your overall concept of the play?
- Describe your vision of the set and costumes.
- How much rehearsal time will you need for this play?
- Will you need extra production assistants, e.g. assistant director, assistant music director, vocal coach?
- Do you have a proposed budget for the production?
- Are there any exception costs associated with this production? (orchestra or musicians, etc.)
- Do you have scheduling concerns regarding your availability? In other words, when would you be available to direct this production?
The board will consider the plan and suggest possible revisions to the play.
Step Three: Revisions may be made to the plan and the board makes a final determination regarding the play/musical.
LOVELAND STAGE COMPANY GUIDELINES FOR SELECTING DIRECTORS
These guidelines are intended as suggestions for directors who wish to direct at the Loveland Stage Company. We may consider other factors that the board deems necessary in determining the choice of either directors or shows for the coming season.
- Potential directors must be members of the Loveland Stage Company for at least one year prior to submitting a play for consideration
- Potential directors must have participated in at least two major shows at the Loveland Stage Company
Mail Submission to:
106 Pewter Court
Loveland, OH 45140
If your submission is only 1-2 pages, you may email to: email@example.com.
Questions? Please call Pat Furterer (513) 683-9687