Home Theatre is a totally new approach to theatre never before seen in America and launching in the beginning of 2021. This approach will create 30 world premieres in 6 months.
Acting artists will meet 1:1 with community individuals and perform a 45-60 minute one-person show inspired by and cultivated from the 1:1 session. Acting artists will leverage the acquired techniques and process taught to them by American Legacy Theatre, and create alongside a director and up to five other artists working on their own production.
Need: American Legacy Theatre is seeking to hire a diverse unit of at least six (6) acting artists 3m, 3f of all ethnicities, races, and ages. The goal is that at least half of the 30 world premieres are based upon a person of color.
- Watch the video interview provided on their official page.
- Create a 90-120 second piece inspired by the interview
- Follow provided guidelines
Pay: $250/one-week production
Submissions Due: November 8, 2020 at 11:59pm
Possible Callbacks: Week of November 16-20
Learning Technical Process: December 2020 – January 2021. This will likely be done over four weeks. Presently this learning process is unpaid, but all acting artists successfully completing the training will be guaranteed at least one one-week production.
Rehearsal Weeks & Performances: Acting artists will be assigned to community members based upon request and need February – June 2021.
NOTE: Acting artists will not work every week, so availability and flexibility are important on both A.L.T.’s end and the acting artist. Some acting artists may do seven productions while others may only do three. Also due to the health and safety concerns during COVID-19, this program may exist solely in a digital medium, though potentially in-person depending on the state of the pandemic.
- Your piece must contain a verbatim moment from the interview.
- Your piece must have a beginning, middle, and end.
- Your piece must include one external production element: prop, lighting, etc.
- Your piece must include a minimum of two characters with clear definitive character choices.
- Your piece must be a minimum of 90 seconds and not exceed 120 seconds (2 minutes).
With the video, submit your headshot and resume in a single pdf, along with your conflicts February 2021-June 2021.
Send materials to email@example.com no later than November 8, 2020 at 11:59pm.
Break a Leg!
For further information or questions please email American Legacy Theatre Home Theatre