The CCMONSTAGE Musical Series presents this enchanting musical based on the beloved children’s story on March 5-8, 2020. Tickets are on sale now.
CINCINNATI, OH — UC’s College-Conservatory of Music (CCM) presents award-winning musical THE SECRET GARDEN on March 5-8, 2020, at Corbett Auditorium. This enchanting classic of children’s literature is reimagined in musical style by Lucy Simon and Marsha Norman, and brought to life at CCM by Broadway’s Connor Gallagher with musical direction by Jeremy Robin Lyons.
A 2006 graduate of CCM’s BFA Musical Theatre program, Gallagher most recently created choreography for Broadway’s Beetlejuice, currently playing in New York. He returns to his alma mater to choreograph and direct CCM’s production of THE SECRET GARDEN, working with CCM Musical Theatre’s student stars of tomorrow.
The compelling tale of forgiveness and renewal centers on 11-year-old orphan Mary Lennox, who moves from India to Yorkshire to live with her reclusive uncle Archibald and his ailing son Colin. The estate’s many wonders include a magic garden which beckons the children with haunting melodies and the “Dreamers,” spirits from Mary’s past who guide her through her new life.
Winner of a Tony Award for Best Book of a Musical and a Drama Desk Award for Outstanding Book of a Musical, this “turn-of-the-century fairy tale” (Los Angeles Times) offers an enchanting evening of entertainment for the whole family! CCM’s production of The Secret Garden will last two hours, plus a 15-minute intermission.
The 2019-20 CCMONSTAGE Musical Series presents THE SECRET GARDEN on March 5-8 2020, at Corbett Auditorium. Tickets are on sale now through the CCM Box Office; student and group discounts are available.
THE SECRET GARDEN Billing Credits
- Book and Lyrics by Marsha Norman
- Music by Lucy Simon
- Based on the Novel by Frances Hodgson Burnett
THE SECRET GARDEN is presented by special arrangement with SAMUEL FRENCH, INC.
- Connor Gallagher, director and choreographer
- Jeremy Robin Lyons*, musical director
- Joshua E. Gallagher, scenic designer
- Evan Carlson*, lighting designer
- Zach Buscher* and Seth Howard*, prop masters
- Andrew Volzer*, production stage manager
- Dean Mogle, costume designer
- Marnee Porter*, wig and make-up designer
- Zachory Ivans*, sound designer
* CCM Student
- Zoe Mezoff as Mary Lennox
- Delaney Guyer as Lily
- Madison Hagler as Archibald Craven
- Sam Pickart as Dr. Neville Craven
- Anna Chase Lanier as Martha
- Kurtis Bradley Brown as Dickon
- Jenna Bienvenue as Colin
- Britta Cowan as Mrs. Medlock
- Jamie Goodson as Mrs. Winthrop/Jane
- Nick Berninger as Ben
- Christian Feliciano as Fakir
- Sofie Flores as Ayah
- Mikayla Renfrow as Rose Lennox
- Matt Copley as Captain Albert Lennox
- Michael Canu as Lt. Peter Wright
- Elijah King as Lt. Ian Shaw
- Hank Von Kolnitz as Major Holmes
- Veronica Stern as Claire Holmes
- Jack Brewer as Major Shelley
- Zoë Grolnick as Mrs. Shelley
- Bailee Endebrock as Alice
- Chip Hawver as William
- Cassie Maurer as Betsy
- David Littlefield as Timothy
- Swings: Sasha Spitz and Cole Harksen
- Dance Captains: Michael Canu and Bailee Endebrock
- 7:30 p.m. Thursday, March 5
- 7:30 p.m. Friday, March 6
- 2 and 7:30 p.m. Saturday, March 7
- 2 p.m. Sunday, March 8
Corbett Auditorium, CCM Village
University of Cincinnati
Single tickets prices start at $35.50. Student discounts and group rates are also available.
Tickets can be purchased in person at the CCM Box Office, over the telephone at 513-556-4183 or online now through our e-box office.
Directions and Parking
CCM is located on the campus of the University of Cincinnati. Please visit ccm.uc.edu/about/directions for detailed driving directions to CCM Village.
Parking is available in UC’s CCM Garage (located at the base of Corry Boulevard off Jefferson Avenue) and additional garages throughout the UC campus. Please visit uc.edu/parking for more information on parking rates.
For detailed maps and directions, please visit uc.edu/visitors.
CCMONSTAGE Production Sponsors: Macy’s, Dr. & Mrs. Carl G. Fischer and Graeter’s Ice Cream
A preeminent institution for the performing and media arts, the University of Cincinnati College-Conservatory of Music (CCM) is the largest single source of performing arts presentations in the state of Ohio. All event dates and programs are subject to change. For a complete calendar of events, please visit us online at https://ccm.uc.edu/.
# # #